We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
DestroyIt 2403 Cross Cut Shredder
- Quiet and powerful single phase motor
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Environmentally friendly reusable plastic bag
- 9 1/4 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Particle Size : 3/32" x 5/8"
- Sheet Capacity: 9-11 sheets
- Shred Speed: 27 ft / min.
- Security Level: 4
- Feed Opening: 9 1/2"
- Max. Horsepower: 3/4
- Dimensions: 11 3/4" H x 15 1/2" W x 25" D
- Weight: 52 lbs
MBM Destroyit 2403 Paper Shredder Review
Finding the right paper shredder for your organization can be a difficult task. There are hundreds of different models and dozens of manufacturers to choose from. To help you with your task, we put the Destroyit 2403 through its paces. Here is a report on what we found.
- When you are purchasing a shredder, one thing you will always want to take a good look at is safety. In our opinion, the 2403 comes nicely appointed with safety features. The company refers to their safety package as “SPS” or Safety Protection System, and what it includes is: a safety shield in the feed opening that is transparent and electronically controlled (this will keep hands and fingers and anything else away from the cutting mechanism); an easy switch system that uses color codes and back lit symbols to indicate to the user what the status is of the machine at any given moment; and auto reverse and power cut off in the case of a paper jam, and the power will also automatically cut off when the shred bag is full, or when the door to the cabinet that holds the shred bag is opened at any time.
- We liked how the 2403’s placement of a photo-cell control meant that the shredder started automatically when we put the paper near the opening. This is certainly much better than having to turn the machine on and off whenever you want to use it.
- The cross cut 2403 that we tested easily handled staples, paper clips, and credit cards. Destroyit claims that the strip cut version of the 2403 can also handle compact discs.
- In a crowded office environment, it is always nice to have a shredder that operates quietly, and we found that the 2403 rated highly in that regard.
- We like the fact that Destroyit gives the user a lifetime guarantee on the 2403’s cutting shafts.
- As with all of Destroyit’s line, the 2403 is a remarkably attractive and well built machine. The wooden cabinet is of really nice construction (and a welcome change from all the plastic out there), and the rounded corners and off white color made the machine look very modern and “European” to our eyes.
- It may seem like a small thing, but we liked the fact that the 2403 has casters for easy transporting from room to room.
- Although the strip cut version of the 2403 can shred compact discs, the cross cut model can not. This may not be a big deal in the long run, but it is worth mentioning.
- We had no problems at all with overheating when testing the 2403, but even though the shredder comes with what Destroyit calls “double overheating protection,” you will have to study and learn the recommended shred to rest ratio of the 2403. This is typical of every shredder on the market that is not rated for continuous use though, and not something that should dissuade you from the 2403.
Recommendation:Recommendation: We consider Destroyit’s 2403 to be one of the better shredders on the market, though if you want compact disc shredding capability, you will have to either get the strip cut version or take a look at some of their higher-end machines.