Sorry, but DestroyIt 4004 Cross Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
DestroyIt 4004 Cross Cut Shredder
- Quiet and powerful motor (2 4/5 maximum horsepower) rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- Optional sound reduction cover and storage rack for feeding continuous forms.
- 48 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Particle Size : 3/16" x 1 1/2"
- Sheet Capacity: 35-40 sheets
- Shred Speed: 24-48 ft / min.
- Security Level: 3
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Max. Horsepower: 2 5/8
- Dimensions: 22" H x 24" W x 40 1/2" D
- Weight: 290 lbs
MBM Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut Shredder Review
The MBM Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut Shredder is designed to shred large volumes of material on a daily basis. Here are a few of the strengths and weaknesses of the MBM Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut Shredder.
- The Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut has pretty unique motor. At around 2 4/5 Hp, it’s impressively powerful as far as shredder motors go, and is purported to run at 48 feet per minute, which is also pretty high. The real uniqueness come with the automatic 2-speed functionality. It has a “power” mode it uses when shredding large amounts of paper in a single pass, and a “speed mode for shredding lighter loads. We’re not sure which will get you through a pile of papers faster (bulk or speed) but we were impressed with the 4004’s ability to handle either.
- The 4004 Cross Cut states the capacity to shred 40 sheets of paper per pass and we found that it performed at right around that capability without much of a problem. It was necessary to fan the sheets out across the width of the paper feed in order to get there, but that’s a small quibble. With all shredders, you have to keep in mind that sheet capacities vary according to power supply and paper weight, so 40 is probably best case scenario with the 4004 Cross Cut-and it’s an impressive capacity.
- The 4004 Cross Cut destroys documents in a cross cut pattern (as the name suggests) and offers a Security Level of 3. This is a great security level, and is FACTA compliant, meaning that you will be within federal regulations regarding the destruction of documents that contain the types of information that identity thieves frequently use to commit their crimes.
- Operating the Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut is a simple task. There is just one switch that controls all functions, so there is never any question what mode the machine is in. An electronic eye at the throat opening makes it possible for the user to choose automatic on/off mode, so you can simply place your paper in the slot and walk away.
- The 16 inch feed opening is great for larger computer printout sheets.
- While there isn’t an overabundance of high-tech safety features, the Destroyit 4004 Cross Cut has a few. There is an automatic reverse mode when the machine has been fed too much paper, and if a paper jam actually occurs, the motor will stop automatically. There is also power cut off in the instances of the cabinet door being open and when the waste box is too full to ensure safe operation of the shredder.
- We do like the small touches that add to the convenience factor of the shredder, including the fact that it is mounted on casters and that the shred bag is large and rolls out for easy emptying.
- The 4004 Cross Cut is not the quietest shredder we have ever come across, so it might be best placed in a separate room rather than in a central location within your office. There is an optional sound reduction cover for the 4004 Cross Cut, but we have not had a chance to check it out yet.
- Having been recently impressed with MBM’s newer “Safety Protection System,” the 4004 Cross Cut machine seems almost naked without it (though we still rate it as a very safe machine). If you want similar capacity and some more advanced safety features, please check out the newer 4002 or 4005 lines of Destroyit shredders.