DFG Office ECoil Manual Punch and Power Coil Binder
The DFG Office ECoil combines compact design, ease of use, and proficient punching and binding to make a perfect coil binding machine for small volume offices and businesses. Featuring a set of new innovative designs from the engineers at Digital Finishing Group, the OfficeECoil coil binder makes punching and binding small volume coil book projects a snap. Equipped with virtually zero tolerance Double "D" oval holes, a smooth roller design for 50% decreased binding times, side margin control, and an open throat design all in a lightweight machine case, this Office E Coil binding machine doesn't slack on perfect punching. If your small office, copy shop, business, or organization needs a reliable coil book binder, check out the DFG Office ECoil from MyBinding.com today.
- Side Margin Control: Center punched holes quickly and easily.
- Adjustable Punch Margin: Assists in controlling the punch margin depth in order to maximize a book's tear resistance.
- Non-Skid Feet: Firmly holds the Office ECoil to work surface
- Lightweight Design: Fully utilized CAE (Computer Aided Engineering), greatly reduced machine weight
- Open Throat Design with EasyPunch: Easily punch any size book.
- Includes crimping pliers.
- Punching Style: Coil
- Number of Holes: 43
- Punch/Bind Method: Manual & Electric
- Hole Pattern: 0.250" pitch; Double "D" 4mm x 5mm
- Punch Capacity: 1-10 Sheets (20 lbs.)
- Binding Capacity: Electric binding up to 5/8", any size for manual
- Punch Length: Up to 11" or larger by open throat design
- Power Supply: 110v; 60Hz
- Weight: 15
- Dimensions: 17" x 11" x 8"
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer
- List Price: $429
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Transcript: Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Office Coil by DFG, an electric coil binding machine. This is an entire system built for the small or home office and it can help you take pages and turn them into a spiral bound book. With a scrap paper, we can test the side margin control knob. This allows you to set your paper so that all punches are consistent throughout your entire project. This slider on the left hand side of the machine is a depth of margin control knob. This allows you make thinner or thicker margins, depending upon the size of the book that you'll binding. Thicker m... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Office Coil by DFG, an electric coil binding machine. This is an entire system built for the small or home office and it can help you take pages and turn them into a spiral bound book. With a scrap paper, we can test the side margin control knob. This allows you to set your paper so that all punches are consistent throughout your entire project. This slider on the left hand side of the machine is a depth of margin control knob. This allows you make thinner or thicker margins, depending upon the size of the book that you'll binding. Thicker margin is stronger. With your settings in place, let's begin. Starting with the covers that you begin face up, do your entire project face up. Continue to process through the rest of your project. You can punch up to 10 sheets of 20 pound paper in a single punch. With all sheets punched, assemble your book together, it's time to bind. Begin with spinning the coil on to the spine, then the button on the top of the machine, you can turn on the coil inserter and let it run right on down the spine until it comes out the other end. With coil clipping pliers that are included, clip off each end of the book. It does not only snips the wire but crisps it so it does not come undone. That's it. That's the DFG office coil. For more demos, reviews and how to's, check out MyBinding.com.
DFG Office ECoil Binding Machine Product Review
- Color coil binding is a popular document finishing method that's perfect for anthologies, reports, catalogs, and more. If you're interested in binding your work with coils, then you should check out the DFG Office ECoil Manual Punch and Power Coil Binder. Here's a look at its strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it's right for you:
- The ECoil has an electric roller that can help you bind your books quickly. When you use the electric roller, you can use coils that are up to 5/8" thick and your books can contain as many as 135 pages. If you choose to insert coils manually, your documents can be up to 440 pages long.
- This machine has an open punching throat so you can create documents of varying sizes. The device has adjustable punch and side margin controls so you can get the correct hole placement for every book without worrying about its size or length.
- The ECoil is a terrific size: not too large but big enough to handle letter-sized documents. Its dimensions are 17" x 11" x 8" so you can find room for this device on your desk, work table, etc. Also, the machine only weighs 15 pounds so it's easy to move if you find that the need arises.
- While the ECoil doesn't have a built-in coil crimper, it does come with a pair of crimping pliers so you can properly finish the binding process. Since crimping pliers are included, you won't need to buy a pair so you'll be able to save a bit of money.
- Finally, the ECoil comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
- The ECoil doesn't have a great punching capacity, which is a bit disappointing. The machine can only punch up to 10 sheets at a time. This means that assembling thick documents could be time-consuming.
- The punching handle is located on the right side of the machine. While this is fine for right-handed and ambidextrous people, left-handed users could have some difficulty punching and binding their work.
- While the DFG Office ECoil Manual Punch and Power Coil Binder has a couple of weaknesses, we were pretty impressed with this machine and feel it would be a good choice for schools and offices. The electric roller is a great feature and will help you get your document bound without a lot of hassle. We also like that you can insert coils manually so you can create long books. The opening punching throat is really handy and will enable you to make your documents as large or as small as you want. We also really like the size of this machine and the fact that it's lightweight. (Most binding machines are pretty heavy.) And it's great that the ECoil comes with crimping pliers and a good warranty. You should consider this device's punching capacity and handle placement, but if you're fine with them, then the ECoil is an excellent choice. Good luck with your projects!
You Save: 47%
You Save: 44%
You Save: 41%
You Save: 50%
Questions & Answers
Where can I find coils to go with this machine?
Asked by JJ Clark 1 years ago
You can find them here. Just choose your color and then the diameter of coil that you need. Or if you can't quite figure out what size is right for you give us a call and one of our binding experts will assist you.
Answered by Mybinding.com 1 years ago