- Heavy Duty Manual Punch: Up to 30 sheets at once (20 lbs).
- DuraPunch Premium Punching Tool: Cast-hardened & heat-treated precision steel punch pins provide superior strength & hardness.
- Fully Disengageable Pins: No more partial punches on any size of project.
- Metal-Coil Compatible Roller: Continuous-duty rollers with precision bearings for extended life, especially with plastic coils.
- Side Margin Control: Allows you to evenly center your punch pattern on your sheet.
- Oversize Punch Opening: Accommodates 1/8" hardboard covers and more.
- Electric Power Binding: Foot-pedal activated roller significantly increases productivity and greatly reduces operator fatigue .
- Coil Size Selector: Built-in spring loaded indicator shows suggested coil size Adjustable Punch Margin: Improve all books' strength and design.
- Large Waste Drawer: For prolonged working.
- Open Throat Design with EasyPunch: Easily punch any size book.
- Includes crimping pliers.
- Punching Style: Coil
- Punch/Bind Method: Manual & Electric
- Hole Pattern: 4:1 Pitch 5/32" (4mm) holes
- Punch Capacity: 1-30 Sheets (20 lbs.)
- Binding Capacity: Electric binding up to 7/8", any size for manual
- Punch Length: Any length with full disengageable pins and open throat
- Power Supply: 110v; 60Hz
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer
- List Price: $1199
Reviewed on 1/21/2016
I have a few comments on the TitalCoil T3 punch and binder. First it came through without an oiler. When I called My Binding they referred me to the manufacturer. I took the machine apart to see if it had an oiler and it DID NOT. The manufacturer implied that mine without the oiler would be just as good as the one with the oiler--Why did I pay more for the oiler feature????? The manufacturer promptly sent a replacement. It had the "encased lubrication system" which was a felt pad that the pins go through. I received no instruction on how or when to oil this "encased lubrication system" or what type of oil to use on it. It is necessary to take the machine apart to even see the "system."
The add when I bought the TitalCoil T3 said that it would punch 25 sheets of 20 pound paper. Since I am printing Bibles that are between 200 and 500 sheets I wanted a punch that would do more than 20 sheets which others advertised. Now the product detail sheet says this machine will do 30 sheets of 20 pound paper. I am 6ft 5 and weigh 235 pounds. I am able to do 15 sheets comfortably and if I almost break the handle I can manage 20 sheets. I should say that we use 16 pound paper and not the 20 pound that the machine is rated for.
I am would be glad to give anyone a good deal on this machine if I could find a spiral binding punch with an honest rating that is reliable.
DFG TitanCoil T3 Coil Binding Machine Product Review
- DFG makes some excellent coil binding machines. One you should check out is the TitanCoil T3 . Here's a close look at this heavy-duty machine's strengths and weaknesses.
- The TitanCoil T3 has an incredible punching capacity. It can punch as many as 30 sheets at a time which will definitely help you complete your work quickly.
- This machine uses color coils to bind documents. Coils are available in dozens of colors so you can easily find ones that are perfect for your work. If you use this machine's coil inserter, you can bind documents containing up to 190 pages using 22 millimeter coils. However, you can use coils of any thickness if you choose to manually bind your work. That means your books can contain more than 400 pages.
- If you're going to insert the coil into your document with the machine, you can use a foot pedal to control the speed of the built-in roller. This helps keep your hands free so you have more control over the entire process.
- The TitanCoil T3 has disengageable dies as well as an open punching throat. That means you can use paper of varying sizes when creating your reports, proposals, etc.
- This is an incredibly durable machine that will stand up to heavy-duty use. It's a good choice for print shops and binderies, as well as offices that need a reliable coil binding machine.
- Like many of DFG's high-quality products, the TitanCoil T3 comes with a limited 1-year warranty so you're covered if it begins to give you any problems.
- The TitanCoil T3 doesn't have a built-in crimping mechanism. However, a pair of crimping pliers is included with every unit so you'll still be able to finish your work properly.
- This machine's handle is clearly designed for right-handed users. So using this device will be a bit tricky for anyone who's left-handed.
- If your work area is particularly small, the TitanCoil T3 might not be the best choice.
- As you can see from reading this review, the DFG TitanCoil T3 has many more strengths than weaknesses and is, overall, an outstanding coil binding machine. This device is a heavy-duty unit that is able to bind just about anything and it's so well-built you can use it over and over again. The 30-page punching capacity is excellent and it's great that you can choose between electric and manual binding. The foot pedal makes coil insertion much easier and the disengageable dies will be handy if your paper is particularly large or small. The inclusion of a pair of crimping pliers is a nice touch and will help you save money. (Crimping pliers can cost about $20 to $30 per pair if you buy them separately.) You'll just want to keep in mind that left-handed users might find using this device a bit tricky thanks to the location of the handle. But overall, the TitanCoil T3 is terrific. Get it for your workplace today.
You Save: 33%
You Save: 47%
You Save: 54%