Sorry, but MBM 87M Tabletop Friction Feed Paper Folder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
MBM 87M Tabletop Friction Feed Paper Folder
- Compact size (feed table folds in for storage)
- Performs 4 standard folds and custom folds
- Color-coded fold plate graphics for quick and easy set-up
- Simple, push-button operation
- Automatic stop when last sheet is folded
- Separate feed opening for manual feeding of up to 3 sheets at once (up to 20 lb. bond)
- Rotary knob for easy clearing of paper jams
- Safety switch stops power to motor when housing is opened
- UL and C UL approved
- Speed: 7,200 sheets/hr
- Paper Size: 4" x 5" to 8 1⁄2" x 14"
- Paper weight: 16 to 80 lbs.
- Sheet Capacity: 150
- Power Supply: 120 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 15" x 23 1⁄2" x 10"
- Shipping Weight: 26lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, excluding wearables
MBM 87M Table Top Friction Paper Folder Review
For a small, handy paper folder, the MBM 87M Table Top Folder is a great option. Designed to easily sit on a desk or table for convenient access, this shredder doesn’t sacrifice performance with size. This folder gives you the basics and a little more. Let’s take a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of this machine.
- For small offices, size matters. This model works well in tight spaces due to its petite dimensions. It can sit next to a printer or fax machine for quick feeding of documents needing to be folded. The feed table also folds in for extra storage space when not in use.
- Though basic, the 87M offers four standard folds: “C” fold (standard trifold for letters), “Z” fold (as often seen in bills), a double parallel engineering fold, and a single fold. Changing between folds is simplified with color-coded fold plate graphics. Additionally, the manually adjustable fold plates allow the user to set up a custom fold.
- A simple push button turns the machine on. Up to 150 sheets can sit in the feed slot at once. When these have all been folded, the machine will automatically shut off. An additional manual feed on the top of the machine offers self-feeding of up to three sheets at once. Folded items rest in the machine’s attached basket.
- In the event of a paper jam, a rotary knob allows for easy unclogging of the device. If you have to open the top cover for further clearing, a safety switch cuts power to the motor. Fold plates out of position will also trigger the power to shut off. These automatic shut offs work to prevent any accidental injuries.
- This machine is designed to fold papers as small as 4″ x 5″ up to legal size documents, 8-1/2″ x 14″. It accepts paper weights ranging from 16 pounds to 80 pounds. Two speeds are offered, 100 or 120 sheets per minute, giving an output of up to 7200 sheets per hour.
- A one year manufacturer’s warranty covers this shredder, excluding wearables.
- Since this paper folder is designed for use in smaller offices, it offers limited options: the fold plates are manually adjustable, there are only a few fold and speed options, and it only folds up to legal size paper. For small offices with light folding needs, this is completely adequate. But larger offices with high volume folding may be more interested in one of MBM’s larger models.
- As with many basic folders, this one cannot fold heavier cardstocks or glossy paper. Many offices may not use these types of material and for those this won’t be a problem. If you do need to fold a large amount of heavy or glossy paper, you might consider a different machine with that capability.
Overall, the MBM 87M Table Top Friction Paper Folder is well-suited for use in small offices or print shops. Compact dimensions allow it to store easily on a desk or table. Setting up the fold plates is made simple by the addition of color coding. And the versatility of fold options works well for light duty use. MBM’s 87M is an excellent choice for your next small business paper folder.