- Laminate documents with film up to 10mil thick as well as mounts prints to boards up to a 1/4 inch thick
- Attractive and durable plastic housing
- One button operation
- Professional 4 roll design
- Made in the USA
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
DryLam Clear Tek L1200 Pouch Laminator Review
If you're in need of a machine that will protect and preserve your documents, what you need is a pouch laminator. There are a lot of these products available, so knowing which one to choose can be difficult. However, one that's worth some consideration is DryLam's Clear Tek L1200. This is a good laminator for everyday use that has a wide feed opening and it produces great results. Here's all you need to know about this product including what kind of grade we think it deserves.
- The L1200 has a wide 12-inch throat. The throat is large enough to handle both letter- and legal-sized documents (8.5” x 11, 8.5” x 14”) as well as any smaller items you might want to laminate such as business cards and name tags.
- Since the L1200 isn't a wide-format device, you won't be able to laminate items that are wider than 12 inches across.
- This machine is compatible with laminating pouches of different thicknesses. The thickest pouches it can process are the 10 mil kind, so you'll be to laminate items for frequent handling. Ten mil pouches are so thick you can even laminate documents that will be exposed to outdoor conditions.
- This laminator can handle mounting boards so you'll be able to create a variety of visual displays and so on. The boards you work with can be up to ¼” thick which is equivalent to 6.35 millimeters.
- If you're working under a deadline, you should be able to easily make it when using this device. It doesn't require any warm-up time, so you can begin laminating immediately. You'll able to process up to 100 documents per day when using this machine.
- The L1200 has four rollers which isn't very typical for a machine this small. The more rollers a laminator has, the better results you'll get, so you can be pretty sure everything you laminate will look terrific.
- This laminator is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is feed your document into the device and press a button to get things going.
- This machine is pretty contemporary-looking and would be a great addition to any office. However, the casing is made out of plastic, so you may find it needs to be repaired or replaced at some point.
- The L1200 is made in the United States so purchasing it will give the economy a bit of a boost. This product comes with a one-year warranty so you're covered in case you run into any problems.
Final grade: A-. The DryLam Clear Tek L1200 is a pretty terrific laminator, especially if you need a device for everyday use in a home or office setting. Not very many smaller laminators can work with different thicknesses of laminating pouches nor can they handle mounting boards, so that right there is a reason to consider this product. Also, it's great that this machine doesn't need to warm up before use. However, you will want to keep in mind that the casing is made out of plastic and thus, the machine may not be as durable as one with metal housing. Other than that, this laminator would be a great choice for just about anyone.
You Save: 51%
You Save: 42%
You Save: 40%
You Save: 43%