- Heavy Duty Electric Punch: up to 28 sheets (20 lb) 25,000 per hour
- High-Efficiency Punching Tool Lubrication System: Extremely long punch tool life
- Full Disengagement Pins: Completely clean punching with all pull-pins for any sheet size
- Hands-Free Punching: Foot pedal controls punch actuation
- Anti Jam Function: Automatically senses and prevents jams.
- Binding: up to 2" (500 sheets)
- 11" standard punch width
- Lightweight Design: Extensively utilized CAE (Computer Aided Engineering), greatly reduced machine weight
- Open Throat Design with EasyPunch: Easily punch any size book
- Adjustable Punch Margin: improve all books' strength and design
- Side Margin Control: center holes quickly and easily
- Comb Size Selector: Built-in indicator shows suggested comb size
- All Metal Construction
- Non-Skid Feet: Firmly holds machine to work surface
- Large Waste Drawer
- Model: ETitanComb
- Punch Type: Electric, heavy duty, full disengagement pins, open throat
- Punch Capacity: Up to 28 sheets of 20 lb paper; Up to 25,000 sheet per hour
- Binding Capacity: Up to 2" thickness (50 mm), 500 sheets
- Punch Length: 12" (open throat, continuous punching guide easily punch to 21" and other sizes.)
- Hole Pattern: 9/16" pitch. rectangle 5/16" x 1/8" hole
- Power Supply: 110V AC, 60 Hz
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
DFG E Titan Comb Heavy Duty Electric Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
- The DFG E-Titan Comb is a heavy duty plastic comb binding machine that is designed for organizations that need a durable and reliable binding system.
- With a heavy duty electric punch, depth of punch margin control, foot pedal switch, fully disengageable dies and a heavy duty metal comb opener, the E Titan Comb is one of the most feature rich comb binding machines available on the market today.
- When designing the E Titan Comb, DFG (Document Finishing Group) attempted to make the highest quality electric comb binding machine available on the market. This review is designed to take a look and see what they have come up with.
Strengths / Features:
- The E-Titan comb has one of the strongest electric punches available on the market. It can punch up to 28 sheets per lift which is more than either the GBC C800pro or the Akiles CombMac 24E. The excellent punching capacity offered by the E Titan comb makes it a great choice for users who need a high productivity desktop binding solution.
- This machine also includes 21 fully disengageable dies for punching letter sized, A4 size and smaller sheet sizes. Plus, the open throat on this machine allows for punching larger documents with a two step process.
- The E Titan Comb also includes a depth of punch margin control that allows users to adjust the distance of the holes from the edge of the paper. This feature allows for binding extremely thin documents and thick documents with up to 425 sheets of 20lb paper.
- This machine uses a foot pedal control to activate the punch. This allows users to hold their pages with both hands while punching. This helps to reduce mispunches and to increase productivity.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The E-Titan Comb only has an 11 inch punching throat and comb opener. This is great for punching letter sized documents but makes binding larger documents very difficult. Organizations that need to bind legal sized documents might want to consider a true legal sized binding machine such as the Akiles Combmac 24E.
- The E-Titan Comb is still relatively new to the market and is somewhat unproven. It does come with a one year warranty which is standard for this type of machine. However, Document Finishing Group is still new to the industry and only time will tell how reliable their machines will be over a period of several years.
- For users that are looking for a heavy duty electric binding machine and don't anticipate the need to ever bind legal sized documents, the E-Titan Comb binding machine is an excellent choice.
- It includes a great set of features including: heavy duty meta construction, an excellent punching capacity, fully disengageable dies, a depth of punch margin control and a heavy duty plastic comb opener.
- However, users who need to bind legal sized documents may want to select an electric punch with a 14 inch throat.
- The only other potential downside to this binding machine is that it is still somewhat unproven in the marketplace. It appears to be durable enough but it hasn't been on the market long enough to know if it has any flaws or defects.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.
You Save: 8%
You Save: 45%
You Save: 40%
You Save: 28%