Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred C-220I Jam Proof Strip Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred C-220I Jam Proof Strip Cut Shredder
- Item Number: 3322001-99
- Sheet Capacity: 20
- Cut Type: Strip Cut
- Cut Size: 7/32"
- DIN Level: 2
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Safety Features: SafeSense
- Jam Technology: Jam Proof System
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs
- Casters: Yes
- Paper Entry Width: 9.5"
- Item H x W x D: 31.5" x 17.75" x 17.125"
- Basket Capacity: 16 Gallons
- Color: Silver / Black
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859543410
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer, 20 Years on Cutting Cylinders
- List Price: $1,099.00
Fellowes Intellishred C-220i Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
There is so much to think about when buying a shredder that it easy to get a little lost in the process. There are so many factors to consider such as capacity, anticipated frequency of use (and users), and type of cut. Add to that the vast number of manufacturers and models available, and it’s easy to see how your head could be spinning right about now. If you have narrowed it down to a medium use machine that you suspect will be used by between one to five users on a daily basis, you may have been taking a look at the Fellowes C220i. Here we are going to delve into this machine a little bit, and give you a list of what we considered to be its pros and cons when we gave it a going over recently.
- Every shredder manufacturer worth its salt includes some sort of method for either preventing or correcting the dreaded and inevitable paper jam. The C 220i comes equipped with Fellowes’ Jam Proof System that electronically measures the amount of paper that the user is attempting to feed it and will give you the red light if it is too much. You then just remove the excess paper and resume shredding.
- Shredders that are in frequent use can be a little distracting to fellow office mates, due to the inherent noise of most machines. The C 220i, however was remarkably quiet when in use – nearly silent, in fact ,when compared to a lot of the shredders out there.
- Most people don’t know that most shredders are meant to be used in an on/off cycle, meaning that they need periodic rest to prevent overheating. The C- 220i, however is able to stand up to continuous use, and should be able to shred as many as ten thousand sheets in a single day.
- The C 220i comes with Fellowes’ patented (and quite ingenious) safety measure which senses body heat (like hands and fingers) near the paper feed and immediately stops the machine from functioning.
- The three year warranty is impressive, especially when you consider that the cutters themselves are warranted for the life of the machine.
- The main weakness of the C 220i is the fact that it is a strip cut (rather than cross cut) shredder. While this may be acceptable for general use, if you are looking for a machine to use for destroying your more confidential documents, the C 220i may not be the right shredder for your needs. You will probably want to look into purchasing the C 220i’s cross cutting big brother, the C 220Ci.
- As far as maintenance, you will need to make sure that you oil the C 220i periodically. This is normal for many shredders on the market, but again, C 220i’s big brother, the C 220Ci comes with its own auto oiling system.
- The C 220i doesn’t come with a jam release, but this may just be a sign of the faith Fellowes has in its Jam Proof System.