Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred 4200SC Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred 4200SC Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 26.5
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Credit Cards, Small Paper Clips
- Casters: Yes
- Color: GRAY
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Item Number: 3842301
- Cut Size: 7/32"
- Cut Type: Strip Cut
- DIN Level: 2
- Item H x W x D (inches): 35.25" x 19.75" x 16.5"
- Jam Technology: Auto Stop on Jamming
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 62
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Motor Size (HP): 1.9HP
- Paper Entry Width: 12"
- Suggested Price: $2,249.00
- SCS Code: 50043859507226
- Sheet Capacity: 36-38
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 32
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer, 20 Years on Cutting Cylinders
- UPC Code: 0043859507221
Fellowes Powershred 4200SC Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
If you’re in search of a heavy duty, large office shredder, look no further. The Fellowes Powershred 4200SC is ideal for any large office looking for a well-equipped device to provide high volume performance shredding. This powerhouse is designed for quick and convenient shredding without the fuss. Let’s take a closer look at the details of the 4200SC.
- Shredding begins and ends automatically; all you have to do is slide your items in and the blades start and stop on cue. If you accidentally overfeed the machine, the engine will stop to avoid jamming. Simply switch the device into reverse and the excess paper will come back out to you. The auto off is also triggered by a full wastebasket and open cabinet door.
- The powerful motor is rated for continuous operation. This means you can shred all day without having to wait for the engine to cool down. The busier you are, the more this will be appreciated. It’s great having a machine that can keep up with you.
- As many as 38 sheets of stapled and paperclipped documents can enter the 12 inch opening at once. The blades can also handle credit cards if needed. The wide throat allows the continuous shredding of 80 column paper or other continuous printouts. All items shred as fast as 32 feet per minute and come out in long, narrow strips.
- The narrow 7/32″ slices created by the steel blades rate a low level 2 security. This is all you need for general office shredding of work orders and old memos.
- Paper remnants are collected in a spacious 26.5 gallon waste container. The bin pulls out easily for simple removal and replacement. The safety interlock switch is wired to the motor. If the switch isn’t properly latched, the shredder will shut off until the lock is completely shut. This prevents accidental injury from fingers and running blades coming into contact with each other.
- Fellowes covers this product with a full two year warranty. The cutters come with a 20 year guarantee.
- The illegible strips only provide a low level 2 security rating. While this is fine for general office shredding, confidential information should go through at least a level 3 cross cut device. We recommend the C-420C, also made by Fellowes.
- Since this machine weighs almost 100 pounds when empty, it will be heavy to move. Luckily the designers thought of this and added casters on the bottom for extra portability. We don’t think this will be much of a problem for most users.
- One thing that would be nice to see on here is the ability to shred CDs. Depending on your needs, this may or may not be an issue for you. If your office prefers a shredder with this ability, we suggest the C-420.
Overall, the 4200SC is a great option for a busy large office with low security needs. Providing rapid shredding of large stacks while still offering simple operation, this machine is both efficient and convenient. We think the Fellowes Powershred 4200SC is an excellent choice for your next large office shredder.