Fellowes Powershred 125Ci Jam Proof Cross Cut Shredder - 3312501
- Shreds 20 sheets of paper per pass into 397 (5/32 x 1-1/2” Security Level P-4) cross-cut particles for enhanced security on highly confidential documents to help keep your information safe. Also shreds staples, credit cards, paper clips, staples and junk mail.
- Continuous duty motor for non-stop shredding allows you to finish shred jobs in one sitting.
- Patented 100% Jam Proof System eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs for frustration-free shredding.
- SafeSense Technology automatically disables shredder when hands touch the paper opening, helping to protect more than just your identity.
- Large 14 gallon removable corrugate bin and LED bin-full indicator eliminates the need for frequent emptying with high-volume shred jobs.
- Jam Prevention Features: 100% Jam Proof System
- Feed Type: Traditional
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 14
- Can Shred: Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs/DVDs, Junkmail
- Casters: Yes
- Color: Black/Dark Silver
- Cut Size (inches): 5/32" x 1-1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- DIN Level - Paper: P-4
- Maximum Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Energy Efficient Features: Energy Savings System
- Item H x W x D (inches): 28.94 x 11.25 x 21.06
- Item Number: 3312501
- Item weight (lbs): 55.12
- Units per Master Carton: 1
- Material Type: Plastic
- Model Number: 125CI
- Noise Level at No Load (dB): 63
- Noise Features: SilentShred
- Paper Entry Width (inches): 9
- Recommended Number Of Users: 1-3
- Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Safety Features: SafeSense
- Sheet Capacity: 20
- Shreds Per Sheet: 397
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 16
- Usage: Heavy Use
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Yr Machine / Lifetime Cutter
Fellowes C-120Ci Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
These days, with all the risks of identity theft, corporate spying and civil liability, having a shredder on site in your office is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity. In fact, if you have a medium to large office and your employees handle and discard sensitive documents on a daily basis, the more shredders you have on hand, the better. If you are looking for a shredder that can handle regular use by one to five people on a daily basis, there are a few choices out there on the market. Here we will take a look at what is probably one of the better options, the Fellowes C-120Ci.
- One of the main complaints we hear about your average shredder is the noise factor. If a shredder is receiving moderate to heavy use, the sound can be pretty distracting for the rest of the office. We were impressed at how remarkably silent the C-120Ci was as we were testing it out.
- Safety is always an issue when you are considering a shredder. There are lots of models out there with plastic guards, etc., that keep fingers from sliding into the paper feed. The C-120Ci, however, has what Fellowes calls “SafeSense” technology. This feature offers an electronic device that detects body heat and will shut down the machine immediately if a hand gets too near. We tested it out, and it is really impressive.
- Paper jams are a fact of life, especially if not all users are familiar with the capacity of the shredder they are using. The C-120Ci comes equipped with a jam proof system that electronically measures the thickness of whatever it is you are trying to shred. To test is out, we placed a notepad complete with a cardboard backing into the paper feed, and a red light came on, indicating that the stack was too thick. Again, this is a pretty impressive feature that will save you a lot of trouble.
- One thing we really liked about the C-120Ci was its compact design. At a mere eleven and a quarter inches wide, this machine can fit just about anywhere. We don’t imagine that there is a similarly capable shredder on the market with such a narrow profile. We could see it fitting nicely right next to our copy machine or in another tight space.
- One thing that you will have to realize when you use the C-120Ci is that it can only be used for about 45 minutes before it will need a rest of about 20-30 minutes. While this it pretty typical for a lot of office duty paper shredders, it does mean that the C-120Ci may not be your best choice if you think your shredder will need continuous use.
- Again, typical of most shredders, the C-120Ci will need to be oiled occasionally. Oiling your shredder is not a big deal. However, there are shredders out there with auto oil systems, though perhaps not in the same medium-duty class.
- While we like the “Safe Sense” technology, we did feel that perhaps there could be some kind of physical guard to keep objects such as neckties out of the paper feed. The SafeSense technology will protect hands and body parts but won’t protect clothes or other objects that don’t produce body heat.
Recommendation: With all its features and capabilities, as well as a three year warranty, we can’t imagine that there is a better buy out there than the C-120Ci for medium-duty use.