Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred C-120I Jam Proof Strip Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred C-120I Jam Proof Strip Cut Shredder
- Item Number: 3312001
- Sheet Capacity: 18
- Cut Type: Strip Cut
- Cut Size: 7/32"
- DIN Level: 2
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Safety Features: SafeSense
- Jam Technology: Jam Proof System
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs
- Casters: No
- Paper Entry Width: 9.5"
- Item H x W x D: 29" x 21.125" x 11.1875"
- Basket Capacity: 13 Gallons
- Color: Silver / Black
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 45
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859543397
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer, 20 Years on Cutting Cylinders List Price: $699.00
Fellowes C-120i Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
Finding the right shredder for the needs of your office can be a difficult task. If you are in the market for a nice medium to heavy duty machine for your business, you may be investigating the Fellowes C-120i. Here we will take a closer look at this shredder, and give your our assessment of some of its strengths and weaknesses.
- When there are going to be multiple users for your shredder, there is no way of ensuring that every one of them will be aware of the machine’s capacity, and paper jams will inevitably occur as a result. To help you avoid this, the C-120i comes equipped with Fellowes’ patented Jam Proof System which electronically senses the amount of paper a user is attempting to feed into it, and if it is above the capabilities of the machine, a red light will come on and the shredder will not activate. The user then simply removes the excess paper, gets the green light, and shredding resumes.
- Noise is always something to consider when you are purchasing a machine that will receive frequent use. Most shredders are none too quiet, and this can prove distracting in an office environment. We found the C-120i, however, to be remarkably silent in operation, and we could see how that would be very beneficial in a busy office.
- Fellowes equips most of their higher end machines with what they call SafeSense, and the C-120i is no exception. SafeSense is a high tech safety system that uses a sensor to detect of there are nay hands or fingers too close to the paper feed, and shuts the machine down immediately and completely. This would be great for a machine that sees multiple users.
- We really liked the skinny profile of the C-120i. It is only eleven inches across, and would be perfect for squeezing between, say, the copier and the fax machine.
- The most serious limitation of the C-120i is that it is a strip cut, rather than cross cut, shredder. While this is fine for general use, if you require a higher level of security, you will need to look into purchasing the C-120i’s big brother, the C-120Ci. With so many good cross cut shredders on the market, it’s hard for us to understand why anyone is putting out strip cut shredders anymore, even one as nicely appointed as the C-120i.
- As with any shredder not designed for continuous use, when you use the C-120i, you will need to make sure you don’t use it for so long that the machine overheats. The C-120i is meant to operate for about 45 minutes before it needs a break. Again, this is not unusual for a shredder, it is just something to keep in mind.
Recommendation:While the C-120i is a very impressive and feature rich unit overall, if you are in the need for a machine that provides a higher level of security, you will want to investigate Fellowes’ cross cut version, the C 120Ci.