Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred C-220 Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred C-220 Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop:
Fellowes Powershred C-220 Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
Shredders designed for small offices often skimp on power and features. But the Fellowes C-220 offers the ideal combination of size, strength, and options. Designed for use in a small office with up to five users, this device provides a sturdy, continuous duty motor and electronic control for an efficient and easy to use machine. Here is a closer look at the details of the Powershred C-220.
- This machine is very easy to use, thanks to all the automated functions. An electronic start and stop control senses items in the feed and shreds on cue. A safety shut off uses a lit visual signal to warn the users if the shred bin is full, the door is ajar, or if there is a jam. When a paper jam occurs, the Turbo Jam Release helps you to clear it quickly so you can get back to shredding.
- A continuous duty motor is a rarity on smaller machines but this shredder has it. Thermal protection enables this heavy duty motor to shred all day without needing frequent cool downs.
- The 9.5 inch throat accepts up to 20 sheets of paperclipped and stapled documents as well as credit cards. An additional safety slot allows the shredding of CDs and DVDs without the worry of flying shards. Materials are shred as fast as 20 feet per minute and come out in tiny strips only 7/32″ wide. The unreadable slices provide a level 2 security, perfect for all-purpose office shredding of old work orders and memos.
- The narrow shreds are collected in a spacious 15 gallon wastebasket. The bin easily pulls out for effortless removal and replacement of the container. The cabinet door offers convenient storage for oil, shred bags, or manuals so you always have what you need close at hand.
- Fellowes covers this product with a three year warranty. The blades are covered for life.
- Although the strips created are illegible, they still only provide a low level 2 security. For generic office shredding, this is completely adequate. But any confidential items should go through a level 3 cross cut shredder. A comparable machine to this with a higher rating is the Powershred C-220C Cross Cut Shredder.
- While the separate slot for CDs and DVDs is nice, it would be great to see a separate waste container as well to facilitate recycling of the paper shreds. For a shredder with this feature, check out the MBM Destroyit 2270.
- The dimensions and capacities of this machine are on the smaller side. Since it’s only designed for use by five people, that makes sense. But if your office needs heavy shredding by many users, this shredder may not stand up to the use. Be sure the device you choose is designed to fit your needs; too small of a shredder, no matter how great, will be frustrating and will wear out quickly.
Smaller offices will appreciate the functionality of the C-220. Rarely do lighter use machines offer all day shredding without needing a cool down period, so that is a definite plus. The generous capacities as well as simple operation make this machine highly convenient. This would be a great device to have in a busy small office with moderate low security needs. The Fellows Powershred C-220 is an excellent choice for your next small office shredder.