Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred C-320 Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred C-320 Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 24.6
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Credit Cards, Small Paper Clips, CDs
- Casters: Yes
- Color: LIGHT/DARK GRAY
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Item Number: 38320
- Cut Size: 7/32"
- Cut Type: Strip Cut
- DIN Level: 2
- Item H x W x D (inches): 35" x 20" x 18"
- Jam Technology: Auto Stop on Jamming,Turbo Jam Release
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 60-62
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Motor Size (HP): 1.7
- Paper Entry Width: 10"
- Suggested Price: $1,499.00
- SCS Code: 10077511383202
- Sheet Capacity: 26-28
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 20
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- UPC Code: 077511383205
Fellowes Powershred C-320 Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
More and more departments are turning to a single, central shredder rather than investing in multiple individual machines. An excellent system for this purpose is the Fellowes Powershred C-320. Designed for use in a small department with about 6-10 users, this machine combines generous capacities with simple operation and powerful components. The result is a convenient and efficient shredder that’s great for any office. Let’s take a closer look at the C-320.
- Electronically controlled automatic start and stop allows convenient one-handed use without having to guess if the power is on or not. If something triggers the automatic off, a visual display will tell you if there is a jam, the shred bin is full, or if the door is ajar so you can quickly fix the issue and get on with your shredding. If a jam is the problem, the Turbo Jam Release will help you efficiently clear the clogged items.
- The continuous duty motor is especially beneficial in high traffic areas. With thermal protection against overheating, you can shred large amounts of material continually without having to stop and wait for the engine to cool down.
- A wide 10 inch opening easily accepts letter and legal size documents with a little room to spare. Up to 28 sheets can enter the blades at once, including staples, paperclips, and credit cards. An extra safety slot allows the shredding of CDs and DVDs without the worry of flying shards getting into your eyes. Everything shreds at a fast rate of 20 feet per minute, leaving only narrow 7/32″ strips. These illegible slices earn a level 2 security rating, perfect for generic office shredding of memos and work orders.
- The thin strips are collected in a spacious 24.6 gallon shred bin. This is large enough to allow a reasonable amount of shredding but still be manageable to remove when full. The cabinet door offers handy storage for extra shred bags, oil, and a manual so everything is right where you need it.
- This shredder is covered by a three year warranty with lifetime coverage for the cutters.
- While the strips produced are unreadable, they only provide a low level 2 security rating. This is fine for generic shredding. However, any confidential information should go through at least a level 3 cross cut shredder, such as the C-320C.
- The safety slot for disks is great but all the waste ends up together, making paper recycling difficult. We’d love to see separate waste compartments as well, as is seen on the MBM 2270.
- One last minor issue is the weight; this is a fairly heavy machine. However, there are casters on the bottom for extra portability and we don’t think this will be a problem for most users.
Overall, the C-320 is more than capable of handling the shredding needs of a busy department. With features ideal for a machine of this size, your stack of unwanted documents will quickly disappear into the large wastebasket. Convenience and efficiency dominate this small departmental device. We think the Fellowes Powershred C-320 is an excellent choice for your next central office shredder.