Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred C-380C Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred C-380C Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 31.6
- Can Shred: Paper, Staples, Credit Cards, Small Paper Clips, CDs
- Casters: Yes
- Color: LIGHT/DARK GRAY
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): Continuous
- Item Number: 38385
- Cut Size: 5/32 X 1 1/8"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- DIN Level: 3
- Item H x W x D (inches): 35" x 25" x 18"
- Jam Technology: Auto Stop on Jamming,Turbo Jam Release
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 60-62
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Motor Size (HP): 1.7
- Paper Entry Width: 15"
- Suggested Price: $2,159.00
- SCS Code: 10077511383851
- Sheet Capacity: 14-16
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 20
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- UPC Code: 077511383854
Fellowes Powershred C-380C Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Fellowes Powershred C-380C is designed for use in a large and busy office setting and offers a motor that is rated for continuous use. Here is a closer look at a few of the strengths and weaknesses of the Powershred C-380C.
- These days, the first thing we generally look at when it comes to a shredder is its Security Level. The Powershred C-380C meets our standards in this regard by offering a cross cut pattern that is rated at a security level of 3. What this means to your business is that by using the Powershred C-380C to destroy your confidential documents, you are meeting federal guidelines that were laid out by congress in 2005. Known commonly as FACTA laws, these regulations created standards in document destruction designed to help keep identity thieves and other such criminals from getting such information as account numbers and social security numbers from discarded documents. Using the Powershred C-380C is a great way to keep such info from getting into the wrong hands, and to keep your business from the fines and litigation that can result from non-compliance.
- The Powershred C-380C is a serious machine with some serious capabilities. The motor is designed for continuous use and is a powerful 1.7 horsepower. The sheet capacity of (up to) 16 matched with the motor speed of 20 feet per second give you the ability to shred up to around 300 sheets per minute. We didn’t have much trouble hitting these marks, but you should be aware that your results could vary depending on the strength and quality of the power supply you use, and the weight of the paper you normally shred.
- We like that the steel cutting heads are guaranteed for the life of the shredder (3 years for everything else), and that they have the ability to deal with staples, paper clips, and credit cards. More impressive is the Powershred C-380C’s ability to shred compact discs (through a dedicated feed slot, no less.) More and more information is being stored in this type of digital media, and it can often be perplexing (not to mention a pain in the neck) to find ways to destroy these discs when you need to. The Powershred C-380C gives you a great solution to that problem.
- Other things we liked about the Powershred C-380C include: the 15″ inch feed opening (great for stacks of computer printouts), the electronic-sensor enabled auto off/ on operation, the very effective paper jam release system, and the heavy duty casters to make moving the machine around the office easier.
- As a larger, more heavy duty machine, you will have to make sure to keep on top of one aspect of maintenance in particular, which is making sure that the shredder is oiled on a regular basis. This is a normal part of shredder care, and Fellowes makes available some easy instructions and guidelines on how to this simple maintenance. The only reason we bring it up is that Fellowes has some shredders such as the C-480C that include auto oiling systems, and we thought that such a system would make a nice inclusion on the Powershred C-380C.