Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred P-45C Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred P-45C Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 5-7 on / 20 off
- Color: BLACK
- Casters: No
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 3.7
- Can Shred: Paper, Credit Cards, Staples
- Cut Size: 5/32 x 2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3240004
- Item H x W x D (inches): 14.75" x 14.25" x 9.5"
- Jam Technology: None
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 70
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $83.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: Yes
- Sheet Capacity: 6
- SCS Code: 50043859490634
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch,Safety Slide
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 11
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859490639
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, 3 Years on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes PowerShred P-45C Paper Shredder Review
The Fellowes PowerShred P-45C paper shredder is a device that’s been designed for home use. Whether you use this machine to shred personal documents or papers pertaining to your home business, you will be impressed by the P-45C’s capabilities. Here’s an in-depth look at this product’s many strong points and its few weaknesses.
- The P-45C can shred up to 6 sheets at once, so it’s great for when you need to shred junk mail, old correspondence, and other papers that have been piling up. The machine can shred up to 65 sheets per minute and it has a 9-inch feed opening to accept the most common sizes of paper, such as 8.5″ x 11″.
- Credit cards can be destroyed with the P-45C for added protection. And the machine will even munch up any paper clips or staples attached to your documents.
- This machine has a Level 3 security rating because it’s a cross-cut device. It can turn your paper documents into tiny particles which eliminates the possibility of your documents being reassembled. Thus, you’ll be protected from identity theft and even fraud.
- The waste bin can hold up to 3.7 gallons of shreds. When it’s time to empty the bin, there’s a handle you can grasp that really simplifies the process.
- If you have kids in the house, you can prevent them from getting into trouble with this shredder. That’s because it has a patented safety lock that will prevent unauthorized people from using the machine.
- You will never need to wonder if you’re shredding too much because the P-45C has an indicator that will glow red if you try to shred too much at once. This can help you avoid paper jams. If you do wind up feeding the device too much paper, a reverse function can help you clear things up.
- This is a very small shredder that’s less than 2 feet tall. It can fit just about anywhere, so you could easily store it in a closet, beside a desk, or even under a table.
- The cutting head of this product is covered by a 3-year warranty. Plus, the machine itself is very affordable, even for budget-conscious consumers, with a price point around $100.00.
- The main weakness of the P-45C is that it can’t shred CD’s and DVD’s. This is a disappointment because even home users store private information on these types of media.
- This isn’t a continuous-duty machine. It can shred for up to 7 minutes before needing a 20-minute break. However, if you’re just using the machine on an intermittent basis to shred personal items, the downtime shouldn’t be much of a problem.
- The P-45C isn’t recommended for professional offices due to its small size, shredding capacity, and its considerable downtime.
Overall, the Fellowes PowerShred P-45C is a fantastic choice if you need a shredder for your home. It has advanced features such as the paper overfeed indicator, and is also easy and safe to use. Plus, it’s affordable and it has a great warranty. Get this shredder for your home today. You will love having it around.