Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred PS-12Cs Cross-Cut Shredder - 3271301 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred PS-12Cs Cross-Cut Shredder - 3271301
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Color: BLACK
- Casters: No
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 4
- Can Shred: Paper Clips, Credit Cards, Staples
- Cut Size: 5/32 x 2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3271301
- Item H x W x D (inches): 16" x 8.75" x 17"
- Jam Technology: None
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $229.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: No
- Sheet Capacity: 12
- SCS Code: 50043859505437
- Safety Features: SafeSense
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 10
- Manual Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859564385
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, 5 Years on Cutting Cylinders
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the PowerShred 12-CS, a cross-cut shredder by Fellowes. Turn the unit on with the power switch in the back, and the on/off switch and forward and reverse is on the top. And for safety, be sure to use the lock and unlock for the toggle switch. Put the documents in the top and you’ll see just how fast the 12-CS works. This PowerShred has a capacity of 12 sheets of 20lb paper per shred. Patented SafeSense technology stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening. In addition to paper and cardstock, this shredder can also handle credit cards. The process is very fast, has a four-gallon bin, and does a cross-cut level P-3 security shred. Finally, should there be a paper jam, there is a reverse feature. Simply slide the toggle to the right and remove your document and start again. And there it is, the Fellowes PowerShred 12-CS. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Fellowes Powershred PS-12Cs Shredder Review
- Having a paper shredder in your home or small office has become a necessity these days. It's easier than ever for identity thieves to wreak havoc on your life and the best way to prevent that from happening is by shredding your unneeded documents. Fellowes is known for making great shredders so if you want to check out one of their machines, the PS-12Cs is definitely worth a look. Here's a detailed list of its strengths and weaknesses.
- The PS-12Cs is a cross-cut shredder so it's a good choice if you want something that offers a lot of security. When you shred a sheet of paper, the machine will turn it into hundreds of bits that measure 5/32" x 2". This has earned it a Level P-3 security rating. (The highest rating is 6.) You can be confident that your name, Social Security number, financial information, etc. will be safe.
- It's okay to leave the staples and paper clips attached to your documents because this machine will shred them along with the paper. You can also shred credit cards. When you're shredding paper, you'll be able to process 12 sheets at once.
- The PS-12CS has a 9-inch feed opening so you can shred letter-sized documents easily. If you want to get rid of larger papers, you'll have to fold or cut them up to make them fit.
- This shredder will start operating automatically. It will also stop running when it's destroyed your materials. You don't have to worry too much about injuries though because it's one of Fellowes' SafeSense machines. If your hands get too close to the cutting mechanism, the machine will stop. Thus, you can use this device around your kids and pets. (Just be sure to supervise them!)
- The PS-12Cs is meant to be a deskside shredder. Its dimensions are 16" (width) x 8.75" (width) x 17" (depth) so it can fit into smaller spaces. It doesn't have casters but that's not a big deal since it only weighs 10 pounds.
- Finally, the PS-12Cs comes with one-year manufacturer's warranty. The cutting mechanism is covered for 5 years.
- The PS-12Cs' primary weakness is that it's not equipped with any type of anti-jam technology. It doesn't even have a sheet capacity gauge. Thus, you'll want to avoid overloading the shredder so you don't end up jamming it. If a jam does occur, you can use the reverse mode to clear things up.
- The Fellowes Powershred PS-12Cs is a great shredder to get if you want a smaller device that can give you a very good amount of security. It's great that it can handle document fasteners and credit cards