Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred PS-77CS Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Powershred PS-77CS Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop:
Fellowes PowerShred PS-77Cs Paper Shredder Review
Personal-sized shredders are great for home offices, as well as the workplace. If you’re looking for a device such as this, one product you should consider is the Fellowes PowerShred PS-77Cs. Let’s take a look at this machine’s strengths and weaknesses….
- The PS-77Cs can shred up to 12 sheets of paper at once, which is a very good amount for a small shredder. It could feasibly shred an impressive 130 sheets per minute. There is a feed opening that is 9 inches wide for the easy shredding of letter- and legal-sized paper.
- This is a cross-cut device that offers a medium level of security for the safe destruction of credit card statements, tax information, correspondence, and so on. Your document will be turned into countless bits that measure 5/32″ x 1.5″.
- There is a separate feed opening so you can shred your old CD’s and DVD’s. Credit cards, staples, and paper clips can also be munched up by this device with no problem.
- Jams won’t be a common occurrence when you use the PS-77Cs because it has an overfeed indicator so you’ll know when you’re trying to shred too much. There is also a reverse mode you can use if a jam does occur.
- This machine has SafeSense technology, a feature that can determine when and if there are hands close to the feed opening. When the machine senses this, it will automatically shut off so you or another person won’t lose your fingers.
- Not only is there a window that allow you to see if the 7-gallon waste bin is getting full, you can also pull the bin out for easy disposal or recycling of your shreds.
- In the case of a jam, overheated motor, or a problem with the waste bin, the machine will automatically shut off and let you know there’s an issue so you can fix it right away.
- If you share office space, you – and your co-worker(s) – will be glad to know that this device operates quietly. Also, this product is small enough to fit under a desk so it won’t be in the way.
- The cutting mechanism is covered under warranty for up to 5 years
- The PS-77Cs was not designed for continuous use. You can use it for a 10- to 12-minute stretch, but then it will need to cool off for 20 minutes.
- All of your waste will be mixed together in the waste bin. There isn’t a separate container for CD and DVD shreds.
- This machine does not have casters. While it’s not really that heavy (it weighs 31 pounds), the lack of casters will still make it a pain to move the device.
- Finally, the PS-77Cs won’t offer as much security as a micro-cut shredder, so it probably shouldn’t be used to destroy highly classified documents.
Overall, the Fellowes PS-77Cs is a perfectly fine personal-sized paper shredder. It would be good for home office settings or work areas that are shared by a couple of people. While this machine can’t be used for high-volume jobs, it nonetheless offers a lot of great features if you need a good, small shredder.