Sorry, but Fellowes Proton 180 18 Inch Rotary Paper Trimmer is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Proton 180 18 Inch Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Durable metal cutting base with integrated SafeCut cartridge storage compartment.
- Enclosed SafeCut stainless steel rotary blade ensures user safety.
- Cuts up to 10 sheets (20lb paper) at one time; maximum 18” cutting width.
- Convenient SafeCut blade cartridges are interchangeable for increased design flexibility.
- Cutting guides for various paper sizes, photos and angled cuts.
- Variable paper clamp ensures cutting precision.
- Carry handle for portable ease.
- Item Number: 5410302
- Item H x W x D (inches): 3.38 x 8.63 x 24.63
- Qty Per Pack: 1
- Number of Blades: 1 Blade Included
- Interchangeable Blades: Yes
- Cutting Length (inches): 18
- Type of Cutter: Rotary
- Cutting Capacity (# of sheets per pass): 10
- Paper Cutter Application: Small Office
- Warranty: 2 Yr
- Model Number: PROTON A3/180
- Color: Black/Silver
- Material Type: Plastic/Metal
- Safety Features: SafeCut Cartridge, SafeCut Clamp
Fellowes Proton 180 Rotary Trimmer Review
If you're looking for a rotary trimmer so you can cleanly cut your documents, one that's worth a look is the Fellowes Proton 180. Here are the strengths and weaknesses of this product. Check them out.
The Proton 180 is ideal for when you need to cut both letter- and legal-sized paper. That's because it has a 18-inch cutting length. This device can also be used to trim smaller items including photographs.
This trimmer isn't very big since it measures approximately 3" (weight) x 9" (width) x 25" (depth). It should be pretty easy to make room for it and you may even be able to store it in a drawer when you're not using it. (Provided you have a big enough drawer, that is.)
Using this cutter is pretty safe since it utilizes SafeCut blade cartridges. These cartridges house the retractable blade in plastic so that you won't get cut. You can store extra cartridges in the base of the trimmer so they're always handy when you need a new blade.
If you'd like to make different kinds of cuts, it's possible with the SafeCut cartridges. There are four different types available: straight, wavy, scoring (folding), and perforating. Because there are different types, this trimmer would be great for creative projects.
The Proton 180 has a metal base which helps make the entire trimmer very durable. There are various guides printed on the base, including a protractor so you can easily make angled cuts. If you prefer to use a ruler, this device also has a ruler with both metric and standard measurements.
This cutter has a paper clamp you can use to keep your sheets in place when you trim them. The clamp prevents fanning so you'll always get a perfect cut.
The Proton 180 is reasonably priced with a price point that's under $60.00. It comes with a 2-year warranty.
Rotary trimmers don't generally have great cutting capacities. Unfortunately, that's the case with the Proton 180. It can only cut 10 sheets of paper at a time so it's best suited for smaller jobs. If you need to process more sheets at once, a guillotine cutter would probably be a better choice.
If you need to trim sheets that are longer than 18 inches, you'll need a different cutter.
Recommendation: The Fellowes Proton 180 would be a good rotary trimmer for use at home, school, and in the office. The cutting length is great for different sizes of paper, from the tiniest scraps all the way up to tabloid-sized sheets (11" x 17"). The fact that this trimmer utilizes SafeCut blades makes this trimmer a good choice if safety is a top priority. The only thing that's disappointing about this device is its cutting capacity. Ten sheets isn't a lot, but it should be okay if you don't need to cut more than a few sheets at a time. If that's the case, then you'll want to give the Proton 180 consideration. Check it out today.