Sorry, but Fellowes TB450 Two Inch Capacity Thermal Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes TB450 Two Inch Capacity Thermal Binding Machine
- Application: Work
- Auto Shutoff: Yes
- Binding Capacity: 700 sheets
- Binding Cycle: Adjustable: 3 positions (30, 45 or 60 seconds)
Fellowes TB450 Thermal Binding Machine Review
Fellowes has made a lot of great products over the years, including their beautiful new lineup of Helios thermal binding machines. One of their older thermal devices is the TB450, a less flashy product that has an unsurpassed binding capacity as well as a bunch of other wonderful features. Here are this machine’s strengths and weaknesses so you can see what this product is like and decide if it’s what you need for your office.
- The TB450 has incredible binding capacity. It can process documents that are up to two inches thick and contain 700 pages or less. Depending on the thickness of your documents, it’s possible to bind more than one at a time.
- This machine has a very short warm-up time: it will be ready to go in three minutes. When the machine is ready for use, you’ll hear a beep. A light will also go on.
- The TB450 has three different pre-set binding cycles that you can use depending on the thickness of your document, or if you’re working with more than one book at a time. The cycles are 30, 45, and 60 seconds long so your document(s) will be bound in a flash.
- There are clamps inside the device that help keep your books steady while they’re being bound.
- There is a chart printed on the back of the machine that can help you choose the appropriate cover for your document and which cycle you should use.
- When the device hasn’t been used for an hour it will automatically shut off. This not only conserves power, it means the machine is less likely to overheat and end up with a damaged motor.
- There is an adjustable metal cooling rack conveniently attached to the back of the machine.
- This product is durable enough for daily use.
- This device can be placed on a crowded desktop and not take up very much room. Its dimensions are 7.5″ (height) x 14.5″ (width) x 6.75″ (depth).
- Finally, the TB450 is affordably priced, especially given its binding capacity. It comes with a one-year warranty and a starter pack with all the supplies you need to start using the machine.
And its weaknesses:
- Since the throat is only two inches wide, you won’t be able to bind a lot of documents at once if the books are pretty thick.
- The TB450 is pretty plain-looking and lacks the contemporary styling of Fellowes’ newer Helios thermal binders.
Overall, the Fellowes TB450 would be a great choice if you need to bind thick documents on a regular basis. It is remarkably easy to use and works quickly so you can finish your work in less time than you would if you were using another binding method. While the appearance of the device isn’t too interesting, the TB450’s incredible binding capacity more than makes up for it. This is a terrific device and anyone who needs a thermal binder will be more than happy with it.