Formax FD 7104 Series High-Volume Folder and Inserter
- Modular Design: Flexibility to add up to 8 modules with up to 17 feed stations.
- Intuitive User Interface: 22" color touchscreen.
- Quick and Easy Setup: Automatic job setup.
- Programmable Jobs: Unlimited.
- Versatile: Inserts sets up to 6mm thick.
- Fast: Processes up to 5,500 envelopes per hour.
- Powerful Folding Capacity: Folds up to 8 sheets at a time.
- Fold Types: C, Half, Z, Double Parallel and no fold.
- Document Feeder Capacity: Standard up to 500 sheets each, high capacity up to 1,000 sheets each.
- Envelope Feeder Capacity: Up to 800 envelopes.
- Double Document Detection: Mechanical.
- Accumulation/Divert Deck: High-speed/capacity accumulator, divert tray.
- Automatic Document Measurement: Measures inserts for easier job setup and operation.
- Continuous Operation: Versatile Feeders are bottom-feeding for reloading on-the-fly.
- Glossy Paper Capability: Tower Folder and Feeder Folder can feed glossy paper.
- Sealing Liquid Reservoir: 10 liters, sealing up to 100,000 envelopes.
- Custom Cabinets: Ergonomically designed on casters for convenient moveable storage.
- High-Capacity Output Conveyor: Holds up to 500 filled envelopes, can be used straight-on or at 90°.
- Daily Mail Mode: Feed stapled or unstapled sets simply by opening the accumulator.
- Optional Intelligence Features:
- Single or Multi-Code Reading Licenses: Available for Tower Feeder and versatile feeders, able to read Single-Track OMR, Dual-Track OMR, 1D Barcode, 2D Data Matrix.
- 2-Sided Code Reading: Single or double Tower CIS scanners read both sides of the sheet for maximum compatibility, allowing for face-up or face-down sheet feeding.
- Productivity Package: Increases speed and multi-sheet accumulation speed.
- Various Modules: Insert Feeders, Intelligent Feeders, Feeder Folders, BRE Feeder.
- Output Options: Envelope Sorter/Diverter, Catch Tray, Sorter Catch Tray.
- Model Options:
- Standard 1F - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes one 1,000 sheet feeder, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets & Conveyor
- Standard 2F - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes one 500 and one 1,000 sheet feeders, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets & Conveyor
- Standard 3 - Inserter w/Tower Feeder - Includes three 500 sheet feeders, 22" Color Touchscreen, Accumulator/Divert, Cabinets & Conveyor
- Speed (1-sheet, letter fold): Up to 4,500 / 5,500 per hour
- Accumulation Speed (multiple sheets): Up to 6,900 / 9,400 per hour
- Feeders: Up to 17
- Tower Feeder Capacity: Standard 1F: One 1,000-sheet feeder
- Standard 2F: One 500 and one 1,000-sheet feeder
- Standard 3: Three 500-sheet feeders
- Envelope Feeder Capacity: Up to 800
- Duty Cycle: Up to 180,000 pieces per month
- Document Size: 5.5" W x 5.5" L to 9" W x 16" L
- Envelope Size: #10, 6" x 9"
- Insert/Booklet Thickness: Up to 5/32" (4mm)
- Dimensions: Tower Feeder w/Inserter Base: 76.5" L x 36" H x 18.5" D
- Weight: Tower Feeder w/Inserter Base: Approx. 400 lbs.
- Voltage: 115 V, 50/60 Hz, 10Amp
- Safety Certifications: UL, CE, FCC certified
Inserter Testing Instructions
INSERTER TESTING INSTRUCTIONS
For each individual job that you plan to run through the inserter please do the following: Hand fold and insert one perfect "example" of the job and write a nickname for it on the outside of the envelope. We'll attempt to duplicate the example you've created for us using the machine. Please also include (50) additional outer envelopes that go with that job so that we can get a really thorough testing. Repeat this for every different job you want tested, put them into a larger manila envelope or box, and finally include some form of identification like a business card or a copy of our electronic correspondence. Send it all to:
MyBinding Forms Testing
1 Education Way
Dover, NH 03820
When will I get my results?
We typically have test results within 2-3 hours of your samples arriving. We'll then provide you the Scope of Work which lays out what you can expect when your jobs are run on the machine. You are not obligated to purchase just because we tested your samples, we frequently use the testing process as a way to select exactly which unit would be best for you. We do our best over the phone, but nothing compares to seeing samples and running them through a machine.
Why do you need to test samples? Don't you know what your machine can do?
Whitaker Brothers offers rock bottom pricing on inserters because we have zero returns on these machines. This is accomplished through this pre-sale scoping process. While we can get a pretty good idea of whether a unit will work for your application or not based on your description on the phone, the cost of return shipping on a mistake can exceed $500 so it's not worth taking a chance.
What benefit is there to sending samples up for testing?
Samples testing produces the scope of work you expect out of the inserter. It'll lay out every sample you sent us, our test results, and recommended changes to the mailing (if any are needed). That way before you purchase, and before it lands at your doorstep, you know exactly what the machine can and cannot do. This also allows us to pre-program folds into the machine making your learning curve much easier. Most importantly the scope protects you for incompatibility on any of the jobs you send us to test. If our scope said that a job will work, and when the machine arrives it doesn't work, we are on the hook to make things right.
I need this equipment immediately and cannot wait for the testing process!
While we always prefer to go through the presale process, sometimes time doesn't allow it. If you accept full responsibility for the compatibility of your jobs on the equipment and willingly forgo testing then we can ship immediately. You will not be able to return the product for any reason though. You may have to change your job, change your envelopes, or change the number of sheets you insert to make everything work. We're still responsible for the warranty, and we'll still give you all the assistance we possibly can. But skipping the testing phase puts all responsibility on the buyer.