Formax FD 8200CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
518 NewCondition OutOfStock
Sorry, but Formax FD 8200CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Formax FD 8200CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Formax Deskside Shredders are as compact as a wastebasket, yet they provide enough power to handle paper clips and staples. Two models offer on-the-spot destruction of sensitive paperwork, phone messages, and notes generated throughout the day. The FD 8200CC Cross-Cut model can shred up to 5 sheets at once, up to 16 feet per minute, with a shred size of 1/16" x 1/2". The FD 8200SC Strip-Cut model can shred up to 10 sheets at once, up to 16 feet per minute, with a shred size of 1/8". FD 8200 Deskside Shredders are ideal for busy professionals or the small home office.
- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- Special heat-treated steel cutters which require minimal oil
- Slide-out waste bin for easy removal of paper shreds
- Auto Sensor: When waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically when cabinet door is open
- Thermal overload protection
- Cross-cut model features 1/16
Write Your Own Review
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 1/16
Formax FD 8200CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Formax FD 8200CC is personal desk side shredder that offers high-security level-4 cross cut shredding. Here are a few of the strengths and weaknesses of the FD 8200CC.
- The FD8200CC gives you a very high level of document security, especially for a small desk side shredder. Offering a 1/16″ micro cut that qualifies as a security level of 4, the FD 8200CC exceeds federal guidelines for the destruction of documents containing the types of information that, in the wrong hands, can lead to identity theft and other types of consumer fraud. The FD 8200CC is a great way to keep your confidential information safe from prying eyes.
- If there’s one thing you can say about Formax shredders, it’s that they are some of the most easy to operate shredders on the market, and the FD8200CC is no different. Optical sensors that are placed in the feed opening make it possible for you to simply place the documents you want to destroy into the slot, and the machine starts working, and stops when the job is complete. In other words, you don’t have to turn the FD 8200CC on every time you want to use it as it stays in a power saving standby mode when not in use.
- The cutting heads of the FD8200CC are made of solid steel that has been heat treated. They easily handle staples and paper clips, and are specially formed to require minimal oiling, This is a great feature in a personal desk side shredder, as your usage may vary and it’s hard to keep track of just how many hours you have used the machine. All shredders will require oiling every now and then, but the less often you have to do it, the better.
- The waste bin of the FD 8200CC holds a lot for such a small shredder and is very easy to slide out and empty. To make the process even easier, you can line the 6 gallon bin with a plastic bag. The small cross cut pattern of the paper particles the FD 8200CC produces also mean that you will find yourself having to empty the waste bin less often than you would other machines.
- The FD 8200CC has a couple of nice safety features as well. The motor halts operation when you slide out the waste bin, and also when the bin is so full of particles that it is no longer safe to operate. After you empty and replace the bin, you can resume normal operation.
- The FD 8200CC is a great, small, personal-use shredder, but it is just that. This is not a shredder that is designed for heavy use by several people throughout the typical day. If you need something for more centralized office use, you should check out Formax’s 8400 or 8500 lines.
- The 8.7″ feed opening of the FD 8200CC is wide enough to accept letter and legal sized sheets, but any larger sheets will have to be folded before they are fed into the machine. Depending on what size paper you normally work with, this could hinder your productivity just a little.