Sorry, but Formax FD 8200SC Strip-Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Formax FD 8200SC Strip-Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- Special heat-treated steel cutters which require minimal oil
- Slide-out waste bin for easy removal of paper shreds
- Auto Sensor: When waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically when cabinet door is open
- Thermal overload protection
- Accepts staples and paper clips
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- Cutting Style: Strip Cut
- Shred Size: 1/8
Formax FD 8200SC Strip-Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Formax FD 8200SC is a powerful desk side shredder that is designed for personal use by a busy professional or in a home office. Here is a closer look at some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Formax FD 8200SC.
- The FD 8200SC is small, compact and easy to use. It takes up about as much space as a wastebasket beside your desk and can be placed within arms reach for convenient use throughout the day. One of the things we liked most about it is the automatic start and stop feature that utilizes optical sensors to detect paper. That way, you can leave the machine on in a sort of standby mode, and it is always ready to go. This seems to us like a great time-saving feature, and one that we’d like to see in more desk side units.
- The cutting heads of the FD 8200SC are made of solid steel that is heat treated for longevity and they are also specially formed to minimize your need to oil them. This sort of maintenance is a fact of life for all shredders big and small, and it’s nice to not have to worry about it as often as with other shredders. These powerful cutting heads also handle paper clips and staples with no problem whatsoever so you don’t have to worry about removing them before feeding your documents into the FD 8200SC.
- The FD 8200SC has a rather nice sheet capacity for such a small shredder as well, handling up to 10 sheets at a time. We found it hit that mark pretty easily more often than not, but your actual results may vary a little bit depending on your power supply and the weight of the paper that you are shredding. Any way you look at it, the ability to shred 10 sheets per pass is impressive for a small desk side unit as is the ability for the motor to operate at a speed of 16 feet per minute.
- The waste bin of the FD 8200SC is large enough at 6 gallons, and slides out for easy emptying. To make the process even easier and you can line the bin with a plastic bag. We also liked how the motor stops operation when the shred bin is too full to ensure safe and proper operation, and also when you slid the bin out. We consider these to be some pretty nice safety features to find in such a small and compact unit.
- The FD 8200SC is a nice little shredder, but one thing that you will have to be aware of is that it is a strip cut machine, and thus does not offer what could be considered a high level of security. Cross cut shredding is considered much safer as it would be impossible in most cases for someone to piece a document back together. If you need higher security in the same small and convenient size, you should check out Formax’s FD 8200CC, which is the cross cut version of the FD 8200SC.
- The FD 8200SC is a machine that is meant for intermittent use throughout the day by a single user, and is not a shredder that should see heavy use on a day to day basis. If you need a shredder for more centralized use, you should check out the Formax’s 8400 and 8500 series shredders.