Sorry, but Formax FD 8600CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Formax FD 8600CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- LED Control Panel with Load Indicator
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Heat-treated steel cutters are specially ground for longevity and require minimal oil
- High Quality Geared Motor: Powerful, efficient AC geared-motor with heavy duty steel gears for high performance and minimal noise
- Extra-wide 16? feed opening
- All-Metal Cabinet with casters
- Auto Sensor: When the waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Lifetime Guaranteed Heavy-Duty Waste Bin
- Auto Cleaning: If shred capacity is decreased, press reverse button for 5 seconds and motor will run in reverse for 1 minute
- Oil Indicator: After every 4 hours of use, the control panel LED fl ashes to suggest oiling cutting blades for optimal performance
- Self-Diagnosis System: Records operation time, number of auto-reverse sequences, volume of paper shredded, and can display information for service technicians
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker ensures safe operation
- Accepts staples, paper clips and credit cards
- Manual Function: Can be used when shredding small sized paper or films which can?t be detected by the sensor
- Optional EvenFlowTM Semi-Automatic Oiling System: Easy-to-use pump and copper nozzles keep the heat-treated steel blades in peak condition
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 5/32? x 1-1/5?
- Sheet Capacity: 26 to 28
- Speed: 20 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16?
- Dimensions: 24? W x 20? D x 35? H
- Bin Capacity: 26 gal.
- Weight: 242 lbs.
- Security Level: Level 3
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz
Heavy Duty AC Motor
LED Control Panel
Cross Cut Shred up to 28 sheets in one pass
16" throat for larger sheets and continuous feeding
User friendly control panel with LED Load Indicator
Auto Reverse is activated if the shredder is overloaded
Lifetime guaranteed high-density plastic wastebin
Formax FD 8600CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Formax FD 8600CC is a high-capacity shredder that offers busy office settings Level 3 Security shredding capabilities. We took a good look at this machine and compiled a list of some of the FD 8600CC’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The FD 8600CC is a powerful, Level 3 Security shredder, meaning that it will bring your business into compliance with recent strict federal regulations. In 2005, congress passed legislation regarding the manner in which businesses discard the sensitive financial and personal information of their associates and customers. The laws mandate that such documents be destroyed via Level 3 (or higher) cross cut shredding, and theFD 8600CC gives you that power. Not complying with these regulations can result in fines and litigation, so having the FD 8600CC on hand is a great way to keep your business and customers safe.
- We found the FD 8600CC’s motor to be quite powerful, and its capacity to be top rate, especially considering that it offers Level 3 Security. According to company literature, the motor is AC gear-driven, and operates at around 20 feet per minute. They state the ability to destroy up to 28 documents at a time and we found that it operated at near that capacity without much problem (your mileage may vary, however, depending on your power supply and the type of paper you are shredding). The FD 8600CC easily handled staples and paper clips (credit cards too) and the wide 16-inch feed opening is a nice touch. With a paper feed that wide, you can easily shred the most commonly used sheet sizes as well as larger sizes such as computer printouts. The cutting heads are made of tempered steel and guaranteed for the life of the shredder.
- For a multi-user machine, user-friendliness is key, and we found that the FD 8600CC excelled in that department. The LED control panel is large and easy to read and understand. There are functions for “auto run” (utilizing paper-detecting optical sensors), and manual (in case your load is too light to detect), and reverse for clearing the cutting heads of debris. There is also a load indicator function that lets you know if you are accidentally overfeeding the shredder.
- Safety is also a concern when a machine is going to see use from a lot of different people. The FD 8600CC’s has some high quality safety features, such as automatic cutoff if the waste bin is full, or if the cabinet door is opened for any reason. If someone tries to overload the machine, the FD 8600CC’s motor will immediately switch into auto reverse. The machine has its own on- board circuit breaker, which can help prevent electrical issues.
- While the FD 8600CC is pretty easy to maintain on its own, you will find that the process is much easier if you purchase the optional semi automatic oiling system. This is not a big deterrent, but it does add some expense to the purchase of the FD 8600CC.
- While the FD 8600CC touts its “thermal protection system,” to protect the motor from overheating, this does not mean that it is necessarily a continuous-use shredder. All it means is that the motor will shut itself off in order to prevent itself from overheating.