Sorry, but Formax FD 8802CC Cross-Cut Industrial Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
Formax FD 8802CC Cross-Cut Industrial Paper Shredder
- Belt-Feed Industrial Shredding System: Designed to shred entire files, stacks of computer forms, cardboard, tapes, ribbons, CDs and magnetic disks
- LED Control Panel: Integrated digital load indicator and sensors
- Front Waste Bin Access: Front cabinet door allows the shredder to be placed against a wall to maximize space savings
- Auto Start/Stop Mode: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- Manual Mode: Shredder operates continuously for shredding small sized paper or films
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Waste Bin Full Sensor: When the waste bin is full the motor stops automatically
- Auto Cleaning: Allows the motor to run in reverse for one minute to clear shred particles
- Self-Diagnosis System: Provides a variety of operational data with optional diagnostic reader
- Heat-Treated Solid-Steel Cutters: Specially ground for longevity and require minimal oiling
- Large Safety Bar to stop operation
- Mobile Waste Bin on casters
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker: Ensures safe operation
- Safety Key and Lock: Provides maximum control of the shredder
- Optional EvenFlowTM automatic oiling system
- Optional Additional Waste Bin on casters
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- Cutting Style: Cross-Cut
- Shred Size: 1/4? x 2?
- Sheet Capacity: 75 - 90*
- Speed: Up to 40 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16?
- Dimensions: 29? W x 49? L x 47? H
- Bin Capacity: 36 gallons
- Weight: 661 lbs. actual weight
- Power Supply:3-Phase, 220V, 50/60 Hz
NEMA L15-20P plug included
NEMA L15-20R receptacle required
The 8802 Series ... Read More
Formax FD 8802CC Cross-Cut Industrial Paper Shredder Review
TheFormax FD 8802CC is a high-capacity, high-volume, cross cut shredder designed for use in busy mailrooms or wherever large amounts of shredding is done on a daily basis. Here is a more in-depth look at some of the strengths and weaknesses of theFormax FD 8802CC.
- The FD 8802CC is a powerful conveyor-belt operated shredder meant for use in the highest-volume shredding environments. This machine has the capability to shred whole folders and files, computer printout stacks, magnetic tapes such as DV or audiocassettes, as well as both ZIP and floppy discs. Operated by a heavy-duty AC-geared motor running at a speed of 40 feet per minute, the FD 8802CC gives mailrooms and other such high-production environments the ability to destroy an up to impressive 90 sheets of paper in one pass. Sheet capacity can vary somewhat due to factors such as power supply and even relative humidity, but any way you slice it, the Formax FD 8802CC is an industrial-strength workhorse.
- You might think that keeping a machine like this in peak form might be difficult, but in the case of the FD 8802CC, you’d be wrong. At any time you wish, you can simply press the reverse button for 5 seconds to run the cutting heads in reverse, clearing them of any collected debris. The Formax FD 8802CC also comes standard with a self oiling system, so you can rest assured that the high-quality cutting blades will always stay well-lubricated. This machine can even diagnose itself, recording your usage stats on its computer and displaying the information to service technicians.
- Such a powerful shredder demands the best in safety features, and we are impressed with those included with the FD 8802CC.In front of the conveyor belt, they have placed a huge, bright-orange, and clearly labeled safety bar which will stop the shredder in its tracks when pressed. Also in order to operate the machine, a user will have to have to place a key in a lock and turn, helping to prevent unauthorized use. The FD 8802CC also has a self-contained circuit breaker so you can avoid electrical system overload. The FD 8802CC will also stop function if the cabinet is open and/or when the waste bin is filled to capacity and needs to be emptied.
- Although some training is of course recommended before using this powerful machine, the user-friendly features of the FD 8802CC mean that just about anyone can run this shredder with relative ease due to the fact that the control panel is quite easy to read and understand. FD 8802CC has optical load sensors that enable you to place it in automatic start and stop mode, or you can choose manual operation. The control panel also features a load indicator that helps the user avoid paper jams with an easy to understand display.
- We found that the waste disposal system of the is extraordinarily well-designed. The cabinet door is located in the front of the shredder, which allows for placement against a wall in order to save you precious space. The waste bins come on heavy duty casters and hold a pretty impressive 36 gallons. Formax offers standalone waste receptacles so that you won’t have to worry about any downtime when you are emptying the bins.
- Frankly, there just aren’t any glaring negatives with the FD 8802CC. One thing that you will want to be aware of is that when the machine it shipped to you, you will need onsite help in the form of a forklift to get it off the truck.
- You will also need to make sure that you have an appropriate power supply installed in your office before you purchase this shredder.It requires a 220 volt three phase power outlet.Many customers will need to have their electrician install a new circuit specifically for their new shredder.