Sorry, but Formax FD 8802SC Strip-Cut Industrial Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Formax FD 8802SC Strip-Cut Industrial Paper Shredder
- Belt-Feed Industrial Shredding System: Designed to shred entire files, stacks of computer forms, cardboard, tapes, ribbons, CDs and magnetic disks
- LED Control Panel: Integrated digital load indicator and sensors
- Front Waste Bin Access: Front cabinet door allows the shredder to be placed against a wall to maximize space savings
- Auto Start/Stop Mode: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- Manual Mode: Shredder operates continuously for shredding small sized paper or films
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Waste Bin Full Sensor: When the waste bin is full the motor stops automatically
- Auto Cleaning: Allows the motor to run in reverse for one minute to clear shred particles
- Self-Diagnosis System: Provides a variety of operational data with optional diagnostic reader
- Heat-Treated Solid-Steel Cutters: Specially ground for longevity and require minimal oiling
- Large Safety Bar to stop operation
- Mobile Waste Bin on casters
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker: Ensures safe operation
- Safety Key and Lock: Provides maximum control of the shredder
- Optional EvenFlowTM automatic oiling system
- Optional Additional Waste Bin on casters
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- Cutting Style: Strip-Cut
- Shred Size: 1/2?
- Sheet Capacity: 105 - 125*
- Speed: Up to 50 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16?
- Dimensions: 29? W x 53? L x 51? H
- Bin Capacity: 49 gallons
- Weight: 727 lbs. actual weight
- Power Supply: 3-Phase, 220V, 50/60 Hz
NEMA L15-20P plug included
NEMA L15-20R receptacle required
Formax FD 8802SC Strip Cut Industrial Paper Shredder Review
For extremely high volumes of shredding, companies turn to large, industrial size shredders. One great machine for this is the Formax FD 8802SC Strip Cut Industrial Paper Shredder. This robust machine is designed for advanced heavy duty shredding. It combines the industrial strength needed for massive quantities of shredding with automated features for simple operation. Here are the details of this powerful device.
- A simple to use LED control panel lets you choose between automatic and manual operation. With the auto control, items are detected by optical sensors and shredded as inserted. Manual mode offers continuous operation. A load indicator on the display helps you avoid jams by alerting the user when maximum capacity is getting close. If a paper jam does occur, an automatic reverse function sends the overfed items back out to the user.
- A pressure activated 18″ safety bar stretches across the front of the feed table. This prevents users from reaching over and getting their hands caught in the blades- the weight of their leaning across the bar will cause the motor to shut off. Other safety features include a circuit breaker to guarantee safe operation and a safety lock and key that allows only authorized staff to be able to use the machine.
- The conveyor belt feed system lets you toss stacks onto the belt where they will be self-fed into the solid steel blades. A wide 16 inch opening takes in entire files up to 125 sheets thick, stacks of computer forms, cardboard, tapes, ribbons, CDs, and magnetic disks. Materials are processed as fast as 50 feet per minute and come out in ½” strips.
- The massive 49 gallon waste bin is mounted on casters for easier mobility. Access via the front opening door allows this device to conveniently store against a wall. When the bin is full or the door is open, the blades automatically shut off to avoid accidental injury.
- Formax provides a one year warranty on this model with lifetime coverage on the cutters.
- While a 49 gallon waste bin is large, relative to other machines this size it is on the small side. Rest assured that it will still get the job done, but you might end up emptying it more often. If this is a concern for you, we recommend the MBM Destroyit 4107.
- The strips created only earn a low level 2 security. While we suspect most people interested in this machine are looking more for capacity than security, confidential items should shred through a cross cutting device, such as the 8802CC.
- As with most large office equipment, this is a heavy piece of machinery. There are casters on the bottom for added portability but you will still want to be careful when pushing it around.
Overall, the Formax FD 8802SC is more than capable of handling the heavy duty needs of any business. Providing automated and safety features, swift shredding, and a robust motor, this device conveniently and efficiently handles any material that comes its way. Any large company or industry could benefit from the high capacities offered by the 8802SC. We think this machine is an excellent choice for your next industrial size shredder.