Sorry, but Formax FD305 Desktop Paper Folder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Formax FD305 Desktop Paper Folder
- Compact & Easy to Use: Push-button operation with a small footprint, ideal for a desktop
- Two Operating Modes: Automatic and Manual modes accommodate various folding tasks
- Fold Type: Letter fold ?C? only
- Speed: Folds up to 20 sheets per minute
- Output Modes: Continual or intermittent Multiple
- Sheet Folding: Up to 3 sheets can be folded at once using Manual feed mode
- Paper Size: 8.5? x 11?
- Paper Out Sensor: Automatically stops operation after last sheet is folded
- Paper Jam Release: Easy-to-use lever releases jams in an instant
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 20 sheets 20#
- Speed: Up to 20 sheets per minute
- Modes: Automatic feed, Manual feed
- Paper Size: Up to 8.5?? W x 11? L
- Fold Type: Letter fold ?C?
- Dimensions: 12? L x 5.6? W x 12.5? H
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Power: 120V AC 60Hz
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Auto Continual Fold Setting
Load up to 20 sheets of paper
Manual Fold Mode
Fold up to 3 sheets at one time
Intermittent Fold Setting
One folded document at a time
Easily stuff envelopes
Formax FD305 Desktop Paper Folder Review
The Formax FD305 Desktop Paper Folder is a great solution for smaller offices, school administrations, and churches. It offers compact design and simple operation right out of the box. The FD305 is an easy addition to your desktop for quick letter folding within reach any time you need it. Let’s take a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of this device.
- The petite dimensions seen on this machine- only 12″ x 5.6″ x 12.5″- allow it to be easily stored in the corner of your desk for instant accessibility. And since the device only weighs a mere ten pounds, it can be effortlessly moved from one desk to another for shared use.
- This machine works right out of the box; just plug it in and start folding. Simple push-button operation offers two working modes. An automatic feed and fold pulls paper from the hopper one by one and feeds them into the plates. The second, a manual feed, allows up to three sheets to be folded together to accommodate multi-page folding jobs. Folded items are deposited into a frontal catch tray. You can choose whether you want a continuous or intermittent output of folded documents. After all sheets have gone through, the machine automatically stops. In the case of a paper jam, an easy to use lever release jams quickly so you can get back to work.
- The hopper holds up to 20 sheets of letter size, 20lb bond paper, for automatic entry. The plates can fold as many as 20 sheets of paper per minute into trifold letter or “C” folds.
- Though it’s not included, this folder is compatible with the 402 jogger series. These joggers automatically square and align your paperwork for you. This can save you even more money in time spent and paper wasted.
- Formax offers a 90 day warranty on this product, which begins at the time of shipping.
- This device only folds things into a “C” fold. Many offices may only need this one fold and this machine will work well for those. But often businesses need at least two fold styles, if not more. The next model up, the FD312, offers three fold styles to accommodate these needs.
- Standard letter size, 8-1/2″ by 11″, is the largest this machine is able to fold. Again, many offices only use this size and as such won’t find this to be a problem. If your business is looking for something bigger, the FD312 can fold up to 11″x 17″.
- As with most smaller folders, this one will not fold glossy, coated, or heavier paper. If you need to fold theses items, check out an air feed machine rated for specialty materials.
The Formax FD305 is well-suited for personal or occasional use. While you wouldn’t want to use it for multiple mass mailings, it can conveniently sit on your desk for invoices, correspondence, and other low volume send-outs. The simple operation combined with fast speeds offer an efficient way to reduce labor costs resulting from folding applications. We think the FD305 would be an excellent choice for your next desktop paper folder.