- Pre-Marked for 6 Popular Folds: Letter, Zig-Zag, Single, Gate, Fold Out and Double Parallel folds in 11", 14" & 17" (Int'l Sizes A3, B4, A4, B5, A5 & B6)
- Telescoping Outfeed Stacker: Holds up to 500 folded documents and keeps them in a neat and sequential order.
- 6-Digit Addition and Batch Counter: Accurately counts all documents processed. Batch mode allows operators to key in a pre-determined amount to be folded.
- Drop-In Feed System: A three-roller drop-in feed system produces dependable feeding of forms with no paper fanning required.
- Cross-Folding: A guide is included for maximum performance.
- Fixed Speed: Up to 15,500 pieces per hour
- Fault Detector: Automatically stops operation if a fault occurs
- Noise Reduction: Fold plates are insulated to reduce operating noise.
- Fine Tune Adjustment: Precisely sets fold stops for crisp, accurate folds.
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 500 Sheets 20# (75gsm)
- Fixed Speed: Up to 15,500 sheets per hour - based on 11"(279mm) "Z" fold
- Min Paper Size: 3.5'' W x 5" L (88.9 W x 127 L mm)
- Max Paper Size: 12.25'' W x 18" L (311 W x 457 L mm)
- Power: FD Model: 120 Volts AC 50/60 HZ
FE Model: 220 Volts AC 50/60 HZ
- Dimensions: Closed: 33" L x 20" W x 19" H (84 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
Fully Extended: 60" L x 20" W x 19" H (152 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
- Weight: 67 lbs (30 kg)
- Certifications: UL and CUL approved CE applied for
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
FD 342 Folder. Fold up to 15,500 sheets per hour. Fold sheets up to 12" x 18"
Setup & Operation. Slide fold stop to select fold type and paper size. Fine tune the fold setting. Lower the feed tray to load up to 500 sheets of paper. Press the “1x” button to test the fold setting. All set… Press the start button to begin folding
Telescoping Conveyor Stacker. Utilize the folder with the conveyor closed for tight spaces. Or fully extended the conveyor to hold up to 500 folder sheets
Optional Multi-Sheet Feeder. Fold up to 4 sheets in one pass. Fold Stapled or unstapled sets
Cross-Folding. Remove lower fold table to access the cross-fold feed arm. Insert documents that were folded in half on the first pass. Attach cross-fold feed arm and press start. Documents are folded down to fit in a standard size envelope
Formax FD 342 Tabletop Document Folder Review
Many offices would benefit from a fast, dependable folder but don't know which one is right for them. The Formax FD 342 is great for mid-size offices with medium volume folding needs. It is a basic, functional folder offering a wide variety of sizes and folds without the fancy, expensive extras. Here is a closer look at the details of the FD 342.
Use of this device is controlled by a centrally located soft-touch display. An indicator panel alerts the user to an open cover, paper outage, or fault occurrence. This allows any issues to be efficiently resolved without wasting time.
The panel offers a convenient batch counter. You can program how many sheets you need folded and the place a stack of paper in the tray without needing to count out the exact number. Once the machine has reached your desired amount, it will stop folding automatically. The counter also tallies total folds since the last reset.
The drop-in feed system uses three rollers for precise feeding. Up to 500 sheets can sit in the hopper at once with no fanning required. Self-centering side guides and a skew adjuster ensure proper loading and squared pages while fine tuning knobs on the fold plates deliver exact precision.
The plates are pre-marked with six common folds, including letter, accordion, single, gate, foldout, and double parallel folds. Custom folds are possible by manipulating the plates to your specifications. There is also a guide for cross folding.
This device can handle paper as small as 3.5" by 5" up to 12.25" by 17" in weights ranging from 20lb to 60lb bond. Materials are processed as fast as 15,500 sheets per hour. Be aware that if you run this device at that level on a regular basis, it will quickly wear out. The recommended duty cycle is about 80,000 folds per month.
Items exit via telescoping outfeed stacker. This elongated tray delivers neat, ordered stacks of folded documents and reduces unloading time.
Formax guarantees this device with a one year warranty.
The plates need to be manually set up. This process can be difficult and time-consuming. If your office will need multiple folds on a regular basis, we suggest you save yourself the hassle and upgrade to the FD 382, which offers electronic adjustments.
There isn't any speed control available. Various paper weights process better at different speeds. For offices using mainly one type of paper, this won't be an issue. But if you use a wide range of paper stocks and prefer more precise control, we suggest the Dynafold DE8.
As with many smaller paper folders, this one isn't rated to process glossy paper or heavier cardstocks. This won't affect many businesses. However, offices that prefer to use these media in folded brochures or booklets should check out the Martin Yale 959AF.
As you can see, the FD 342 is an excellent option for offices looking for a decent paper folder. This machine is fast and reliable, as evidenced by the rapid speed and warranty backing. The time and money saved results in higher productivity; this machine will eventually pay for itself. We think the Formax FD 342 is a great choice for your next paper folder.
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 32%