- Convenient motor-driven rewind for release liner, with brake adjustment.
- Adjustable speed for operator comfort.
- Removable front feed table facilitates changing film rolls.
- Foot pedal allows hands-free operation.
- Stand rolls easily for maximum mobility.
- Print baskets catch output and store film.
- Reversible motor clears feed jams.
- Roller gap adjusts up to 1/2" for mounting.
- A disruption of the photo beam stops the rollers to protect fingers from getting caught.
- An emergency stop button is conveniently located to quickly stop the laminator and provide maximum operator control.
- Large diameter, easy-to-clean silicone rollers provide high degree of pressure to create clear output.
- Heavy-duty supply shaft reduces roll deflection.
- GBC Part Number: 3600230 , G3600230
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on parts, 90 days labor
- Core Diameter: 3"
- Unwind/Rewind: 2 unwinds, 1 rewind
- Max Film Width: 38"
- Max Film Diameter: 6" OD
- Material Thickness: Up to 1/2"
- Maximum Speed: 12fpm
- Power Requirements: 120V, 1.7amp, 60hz
- Dimensions: 54" W x 22" H x 21.5" D
- Weight: 165lbs
- Safety: C/Ul Listed
GBC Arctic Titan 1040WFC Wide Format Cold Laminator Review
Wide-format laminators are great to have around for when you want to produce professional-looking graphics and documents. One that's definitely worth some consideration is GBC's Arctic Titan 1040WFC. Let's take a look at this machine and see if it makes the grade.
First of all, the Arctic Titan is a cold laminator that utilizes pressure-sensitive film. It's not capable of hot lamination, which is actually a good thing because it makes this device safe to use. Also, you'll be able to process thermally sensitive items (i.e. photographs, anything printed with water-based ink) and not worry about them being damaged by the machine.
This laminator can work with film that's up to 38 inches wide, so it's perfect for working with wide-format items. The rolls of film you use can have cores with 3-inch diameters. GBC makes its own line of Arctic laminating film and each roll contains 150 feet of laminate. The company also produces Arctic mounting adhesive.
You can use mounting boards with this device. The space between the rollers can be adjusted by up to 1/2" so you can complete your work.
The Arctic Titan works fast and is capable of laminating up to 12 feet of material in one minute. You'll be able to laminate posters, banners, sidewalk graphics, and more in very little time.
This is a well-designed device that has a number of user-friendly features. For one, it comes with a foot pedal so your hands can remain free as you mount and/or laminate. The front feed table is removable which makes swapping out film rolls really easy. And there's even a "STOP" button that's conveniently located so you can shut the machine down if something happens while you work.
It probably comes as no surprise that this device will take up a lot of room, especially since its dimensions are 54" (width) x 22" (height) x 21.5" (depth). It's heavy as well, weighing 165 pounds. However, you can use a rolling stand with it to make moving it around easier.
The large rollers of this device are made from silicone. They're more than big enough to apply the right amount of pressure to your work so you can get great results.
This machine has two warranties. The first gives you a full year's coverage on parts. The second is a 90-day labor warranty.
Final grade: A-. Overall, the GBC Arctic Titan 1040WFC Laminator is a wise choice if you and your organization are in need of a wide-format cold laminator. It's great that this device is compatible with both pressure-sensitive laminating films and mounting boards. It makes the machine really versatile and perfect for a number of applications. Plus, this laminator works quickly so you'll be able to get things done in a jiffy. While this device is a bit on the large side, the stand makes storing and moving it around easier. With some many things going for it, you should consider adding the Arctic Titan to your workplace today.
You Save: 5%
As low as: $2,308.71
Does it come with a stand, or is it optional?