Sorry, but GBC CombBind C55 Comb Binding Machine - 7708900 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
GBC CombBind C55 Comb Binding Machine - 7708900
- Punch Method: Manual
- Punching Capacity: 5 Sheets (20lb Bond) Per Punch.
- Max Document Thickness: 90 Sheets (1/2" Thick)
- Document Size: 11"
- Binding Spine Size Guide: No
- Comb Opener: Yes (Rotary)
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- GBC Part Number: 7708900 , G7708900 , 7708900G
- Primary UPC: 033816057180
Welcome to MyBinding.com video. Today we are looking at the GBC CombBind C55. The C55 is light-weight and portable which makes it perfect for use on the road. The C55 is simple to use and can create a document up to 90 pages in length with a half inch comb. Let's have a look at how it works. In its simplicity, everything is right here in the front. This knob serves as a guide for A4, cover and letter sized documents. There is an easy turn knob for opening and closing the comb and you've got a sturdy push lever for punching holes. With your supplies and documents at the ready, simply line up your papers, slide them into the machine, push down the lever, and punch your holes.
The benefit of a light-weight small machine is that it's portable. The drawback is that it's only capable of punching really 3 to 5 sheets at a time, so larger documents will have to be done in batches. When all of the papers are punched, you are ready to go with the comb. The C55 is really simple. Once you've got the comb on there, the simple dial just twists and opens the comb. Remembering to keep the comb facing up and the document facing down, line up all the sheets and place it over the teeth of the comb. Simply twist the dial and the comb closes shut. And there it is! The C55 is as easy as that! For more demos and reviews for this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
GBC CombBind C55 Plastic Comb Binding Machine Product Review
The GBC CombBind C55 is a manual plastic comb binding machine with a built in plastic comb opener. It is designed for small offices, mobile personnel and personal users that occasionally need to bind documents with plastic combs or with GBC Zipbind reclosable binding spines. The GBC C55 is small, easy to use and is ideal for binding documents up to 90 sheets at a time. This is the smallest unit in the GBC line of CombBind Comb binding equipment and as such is the least expensive. Here is a quick overview of the strengths and weaknesses of this machine
Strengths / Features:
- The Combbind C55 is small, light-weight and portable. This makes it ideal for users who need to take their comb binding machine with them on the road. It even comes with a built in handle to allow you to easily carry the machine with you on the road.
- This machine includes a convenient push lever punching mechanism that is unique among plastic comb binding machines. This push lever punching handle makes punching a few documents easy and convenient. It also helps to reduce the amount of space consumed by the C55.
- It also uses a special rotary style comb opener for opening your plastic combs. You simply need to rotate the knob on the machine to open and close your combs. Again this eliminates the need to for an obtrusive handle to open your comb binding spines.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Unfortunately, the GBC C55 is not very durable. The machine is composed of almost all plastic components. This isn’t a huge issue except for the fact that the fingers and hooks on the comb opener are made of plastic. Over time it is likely that these hooks will break, especially if the machine is used extensively
- The C55 is only designed to punch between 2-3 sheets of paper at a time. This will be ok for users who need to bind a few documents per week but it would be extremely tedious for binding large numbers of reports or thicker documents.
- In addition to the limited punching capacity of the C55, it is also not compatible with larger sized plastic combs. The comb opener on this machine is only designed for use with spines up to 1/2″ in diameter. Attempting to open larger spines with this machine may cause the fingers on the comb opener to break. This means that the C55 can only be used to bind documents with up to 90 sheets of 20lb paper.
- This machine also has a Small chip tray that will need to be emptied often. If you do not empty the chip tray when it becomes full the machine may become difficult to punch and if left long enough the machine may actually be damaged.
- The GBC CombBind C55 is the perfect binding system for a users who need to produce a few small documents per week.
- Its small lightweight construction and convenient carrying handle also makes it a great choice for a mobile office or for users who need bind documents on the go.
- However, the plastic construction, small punching capacity and inability to open large sized combs makes the C55 a poor choice for users who do any volume of binding at all.