Sorry, but GBC Shredmaster 5550X Cross Cut Office Shredder - 1753250 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
GBC Shredmaster 5550X Cross Cut Office Shredder - 1753250
- Cross-cuts 16 sheets into 5/32" x 1 1/2" chips.
- Shreds staples and paper clips.
- Ideal for centralized use by multiple users - 10 or more users.
- 15" throat with deep, funnel shape for easy access.
- Large capacity 42 gallon shred bin for fewer bag changes.
- Continuous-duty motor for nonstop shredding.
- High quality solid one piece cutting head.
- A protective shield to help keep fingers away from shredding area.
- Multi-function control panel with visual indicators help keep the operator informed (Power On, Bag Full, Overload, Door Ajar, Bag-full Shut Off, Auto Stop On Jam and Auto On/Off.
- Castors provide easy mobility.
- On-site service included.
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty on parts/labor, 1 Year Warranty on Cutters.
- Unit: 37.5"H x 24.25"W x 18.5"D.
- Old GBC Part Number: 1757370 , G1757370
- New GBC Part Number: 1753250 , G1753250 , 1753250G
GBC Shredmaster 5550X Cross Cut Office Shredder Review
Many offices find the use of a single, central shredder more cost-efficient than multiple deskside devices. The GBC Shredmaster 5550X is designed for use in a department with ten or more workers. This machine rapidly disposes of any unwanted documents all day long. It also offers automated features and jam stopper technology for extra convenience. Here is an in-depth look at the 5550X.
- The control panel offers multiple operations, all with visual indicators to keep the user aware of the machine’s status. As paper enters the feed, a sensor detects them and runs the blades accordingly, stopping when finished. If too much paper is inserted, the overload signal will light up and shredding will cease. Simply reverse the overfed items back to you for quick clearing and the blades will shred as normal. The auto shut-off also kicks in when the shred bag is full or if the cabinet door is ajar, preventing accidental contact between fingers and running blades.
- The powerful motor is rated for continuous run. This results in a smoother shredding experience for everyone, since the machine won’t require the frequent cool down periods that smaller devices need.
- A wide 15 inch funneled opening guides disorganized stacks through the protective shield into the cutting shafts, helping to prevent jams. As many as 16 sheets can shred at once, going through as fast as 40 feet per minute. This allows you to dispose of even large shred stacks quickly. The paper remnants measure 5/32″ by 1-1/2″ and rate a security level 3. With this rating, all-purpose shredding stays safe as well as personal data and business information.
- Paper confetti rains down into the spacious 42 gallon shred bin. The large container allows for fewer bag changes but is still manageable to empty when needed.
- The lifetime warranty found on the cutting cylinders is one of the best in the business. GBC also provides a three year warranty on parts and labor, which includes on-site service.
- The small particles only offer a medium level 3 security. This is completely adequate for generic office shredding as well as the disposal of most confidential business and personal information. But highly classified or top secret documents need to go through a high security shredder with at least a level 5 rating. We recommend the GBC Shredmaster GDHS7.
- As often is the case with cross cut shredders, this one doesn’t handle credit cards or CDs. Unless your office has a large quantity of these items to dispose of on a regular basis, this may not be an issue for you. If it is, we suggest the GSX168.
- Weighing around 127 pounds when empty, this is a heavy piece of equipment. However, there are casters on the bottom for extra mobility and we think this won’t present much of a problem.
The Shredmaster 5550X is more than capable of handling the heavy duty needs of any office. Designed for use by ten or more people, it is easy to use as well as highly convenient. And the powerful blades efficiently take care of all your sensitive materials to keep your information out of the wrong hands. We think the GBC Shredmaster 5550X is an excellent choice for your next central office shredder.