Sorry, but GBC Shredmaster 5570M Micro Cut Office Shredder - 1753240 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
GBC Shredmaster 5570M Micro Cut Office Shredder - 1753240
- Micro-cuts 11 sheets into unreadable 3/32" x 19/32" chips.
- Shreds staples and paper clips.
- Ideal for centralized use by multiple users - 10 or more users.
- Large capacity 42 gallon shred bin for fewer bag changes.
- 15" throat with deep, funnel shape for easy access.
- Continuous-duty motor for nonstop shredding.
- High quality solid one piece cutting head.
- A protective shield to help keep fingers away from shredding area.
- Multi-function control panel with visual indicators help keep the operator informed (Power On, Bag Full, Overload, Door Ajar, Bag-full Shut Off, Auto Stop On Jam and Auto On/Off.
- Castors provide easy mobility.
- On-site service included.
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty on parts/labor, 1 Year Warranty on Cutters.
- Unit: 37.5"H x 24.25"W x 18.5"D.
- Old GBC Part Number: 1757380 , G1757380
- New GBC Part Number: 1753240 , G1753240 , 1753240G
GBC Shredmaster 5570M Micro Cut Office Shredder Review
In larger offices with ten or more employees, a central shredder is often more cost-effective than several individual devices. The GBC Shredmaster 5570M is an excellent system for this purpose. Offering the secure disposal of any unwanted material, this device efficiently gets the job done while still being convenient to use. Here is a closer look at the 5570M.
- Use of this device is mainly automated. After being switched on, the motor idles until papers are inserted into the feed. The blades start and stop automatically, controlled by a sensor in the feed slot. If paper is overfed, the reverse switch will help you to quickly clear the jam. When the shred bag is full or the cabinet door is open, the motor stops in order to prevent accidental contact between the blades and fingers. Backlit optical signals located on the display panel keep the user informed of the shredder’s operational status.
- One great benefit provided by the motor is continuous run time. This keeps you from having to wait while the engine cools down. Instead, you can shred as needed all day long.
- A funneled throat helps disorganized stacks and oversized paper enter the 15 inch opening smoothly and without causing a jam. Eleven sheets at once can go into the blades and are shred as fast as 35 feet per minute. The tiny pieces that remain are only 3/32″ by 19/32″ in size and provide a high level 4 security. This securely destroys most confidential documents, whether personal or business. Few businesses other than banks, hospitals, government, and military offices require a higher level of security than this.
- The paper remnants are collected in a large 42 gallon shred bag. The vast container allows for fewer bag changes but is still easily removed and replaced
- One of the best warranties in the business is provided by GBC. The cutters on this machine are guaranteed for life. Parts and labor for the rest of the shredder is covered by a three year warranty. GBC provides on-site service for warrantied products.
- Although level 4 is an excellent security rating, it doesn’t safely destroy highly classified or top secret documents. These items require a level 5 or 6 security rating to meet DOD and NSA standards for document destruction. For this we suggest the GDHS7.
- As is often the case with higher security shredders, this one doesn’t accept credit cards or CDs. For a similar machine that does take in these items, we recommend the GSX168.
- This shredder weighs about 110 pounds, not a light piece of equipment. Still, there are casters on the bottom for added mobility and we don’t think this will be much of a problem.
The many strengths speak for themselves; the GBC 5570M is ideal for a central, high security shredder in a large office. Any confidential or unwanted documents are securely destroyed by the powerful blades. Simple operation is accomplished by the many automatic features. And a generous shred bag adds even more convenience by requiring fewer bag changes. We would definitely recommend the GBC Shredmaster 5570M for your next office shredder.