GBC VeloBind System Two Binding Machine - 9707030
- Binds documents up to 2" thick.
- Push button electric punching produces more books per hour than manual punching systems.
- The pressure bar firmly holds the document for a secure, professional bind.
- An indicator light flashes during the binding process and goes out when the binding is complete.
- Debris tray catches paper chips and binding strip fragments for easy disposal.
- Uses GBC 11 Pin Hot Knife Velobind Binding Supplies
- Part Number 9707030 , G9707030
- Productivity: 10-12 second binding cycle speed
- Bind Capacity: Up to 2" or 500 sheets (based on 20 lb. bond)
- Punch Capacity: Punches 22 sheets per lift (based on 20 lb. bond)
- Min Doc Size: Binds books as small as 8.5"
- Max Doc Size: Binds books as large as 14"
- Dimensions: 23.5"x10.75"x17.75" LxWxD
- Machine Weight: 45 lbs. (20 kgs.)
- Packaged Weight: 66 lbs.
- Ratings: 115 Volt/ 60Hz/ 4 Amps
- Safety Agency Approval: Designed to meet UL and CSA safety standards
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the GBC VeloBind System Two binding machine. For simplicity’s sake, I’m actually just going to read the instructions that are provided with the machine and give visuals on how it’s done. First adjust the punch-edge guide for the appropriate bind edge length. Place up to 22 sheets of paper or 3 – 4 covers on the punching surface against the edge guide, then press the punch button. If you’re trying to punch too many pages, the jam stopper feature will retract the punch pins and you hear a beep. Continue punching the appropriate number of pages until the entire document and covers are punched. The bind, place the receiving strip, the bottom portion with holes, texture side down in the strip recess over the locating pin. Place the entire document with covers face up on the receiving strip. Insert the pins on the tined strip through the punch holes in the document and receiving strip. Lower the pressure bar and press the bind button and the ready indicator will flash. When the bind is complete, the ready indicator will go off and you’ll hear beeps. Lift the pressure bar and remove the bound book and then you’ve got a beautifully bound book. That is the GBC VeloBind System Two binding machine. For more demos, reviews, and how-to’s, go to MyBinding.com.
Easy to Use – Binding documents with the System Two is as easy as one-two-three. First, lay the receiving strip on the bind surface. Second, align the document in the punch throat against the edge guide. Press the punch button then remove the punched document and align it on top of the receiving strip already in place. Insert the strip with pins into the top of the book. Finally, lower the automatic pressure bar to achieve a tight, secure bind. While binding is in progress, an indicator light flashes. When the binding cycle is complete, an audible tone signals that your document is bound.The result – an impressive presentation that stands out head and shoulders above the rest. The Surebind method of binding provides a compressed, secure bind by shearing off the extra binding pins and riveting the pins to the receiving strip. This technology ensures a tamper-proof document every time. Surebind also offers the added advantage of fitting in to the Surebind or plastic comb punch patterns. Once bound, a convenient de-bind tool allows users to shear the strip on the bound document. After making the necessary revisions, the user can rebind the document using a new strip.
Productivity – The System Two delivers outstanding productivity due to its punching and binding capacities. Creating books up to 500 sheets is easy, requiring only two different size binding elements to be inventoried. Operators can punch up to 22 sheets of paper per lift with the System Two. Push button electric punching produces more finished books per hour than a manual unit. The flat punching surface adds to operator efficiency and allows for perfect paper alignment every time. If the punch becomes overloaded, the exclusive auto-reverse jam stopper alerts the user and reverses to prevent potential paper jams.
Versatility – Binding books that are odd sized isn’t a problem with the System Two. You can punch and bind documents as long as 14 inches or 35 cm and as short as 8 ½ inches or 21 cm. All it takes is a slight adjustment of the binding edge guide for perfect paper alignment. Documents with a large number of pages are a snap too. This system can bind documents up to 2 inches or 5 cm thick with one simple motion.
Durability – The System Two is designed to stand up to years of use. GBC uses only quality components, such as a die-cast aluminum pressure bar. The Teflon-coated cutting blades are made from special steel designed to withstand high temperatures and the punch pins are constructed out of hardened steel. In the unlikely event that a problem does occur, you can count on GBC’s network of highly trained technicians to get your system back up and running.
Safety – GBC’s commitment to safety has led us to have our systems tested by the world’s leading safety agencies. The North American version of the System Two meets all UL and Canadian standard requirements as certified by CSA.
International versions of the System Two have full safety licensing from TUV product service and carry the CE mark as well. Satisfied Customer – There are thousands of satisfied GBC customers who love the look of GBC’s strip binding and how easy the systems are to use. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Let Laura Wellman from Kinko’s tell you how impressed she is.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of customers that come in and need binding, and we show them all the options that they have available. And the reason that they are attracted to the Velo Surebind is because it’s special looking. It’s very sturdy. When they look at the sample, they can see that it really adds a finish to the documents that some of the other bindings don’t do. We do have a number of customers that come in specifically for Velobinding. They’ve been having it done for quite a while and that’s the only kind of bind that they will use for their documents so they continue to come back.
GBC VeloBind System Two Binding Machine - Durability Video
In the unlikely event that a problem does occur, you can count on GBC’s network of highly trained technicians to get your system back up and running.
GBC Velobind System Two Electric Binding Machine Review
- The GBC Velobind System Two is a hot knife binding system that is designed to permanently bind documents using eleven pin binding strips. It uses heat to rivet the pages of your document in place for a secure and permanent bind.
- This machine offers electric punching and binding and is a great step up from the v800pro which uses a manual punch.
- The Velobind System 2 is designed for binding documents that are up to two inches thick with a highly secure and professional bind.
- In fact, the security and professionalism that this system offers makes it incredibly popular with government agencies, lawyers, law offices, accountants and binderies.
- The Velobind System two includes a push button activated electric punch. This is extremely helpful for increasing productivity and reducing operator fatigue. All you need to do is load your pages into the machine and press the button. It can punch about 20 sheets at a time.
- The System 2 also offers an electric hot knife binding head. This system takes your eleven pin Velobind binding strips and rivets them in place. It provides a permanent bind that is highly secure and tamper resistant. This is great for sensitive documents that you don't want to be edited after they are distributed.
- This system is capable of binding documents that are up to two inches thick. This is great for organizations that sometimes need to bind larger documents. Strips for this machine are available in your choice of either one inch or two inch thicknesses. One inch strips can bind any size of document up to 1" thick and two inch strips can bind any thickness up to 2". This means that you only need to stock one or two sizes of supplies for use with this machine. Just imagine the space and money that you can save.
- Documents bound with the Velobind System Two are designed to look great. This system uses a two thin plastic strips that run along the binding edge of your document. These strips help to frame your document and provide an elegant and professional appearance for your reports and presentations.
- For many organizations the ability to bind documents that are up to two inches thick is more than adequate. However, the Velobind binding system is capable of binding documents up to three inches thick. If your organization thinks that it may need to bind documents between two and three inches then it might be a good idea to consider the Velobind System Three Pro.
- Documents bound with this system are permanently riveted in place. This is great for security but makes editing a pain. The only way to edit documents bound with the Velobind System 2 is to cut the strips from your documents and then rebind them. The best way to remove a strip and open a Velobound document is to use the Velobind Debinder Tool. After you have debound your document you can edit it as needed and you can then use your system to rebind the pages.
- Although this system is capable of binding documents up to two inches thick, the supplies that are available for this machine can somewhat limit the abilities of this machine. Depending on the size of your document and the thickness you need to bind you may be limited in the colors that are available. As your documents get thicker the number of binding choices that you will have will get smaller. In fact, some sizes are just not available. For instance, there are no legal sized two inch binding strips available on the market. If you want to bind legal sized documents you will need to stay under one inch.
- The GBC Velobind System Two is an excellent professional binding system for medium sized companies.
- The electric punching and binding mechanisms on this machine make it easy to use and fast for creating high quality documents.
- This system can create presentations and proposals up to two inches thick and provides a highly professional look for your documents.
- However, organizations that need to bind documents thicker than two inches may want to look at the larger Velobind System Three pro.