Sorry, but HSM 390.3 Level 6 High Security Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
HSM 390.3 Level 6 High Security Paper Shredder
- Automatic start/stop by electronic eye.
- Stand-By Operation LED
- Reverse Controls
- Auto-stop when door is open or container is full.
- Easily shreds paperclips and staples
- Working width of 16".
- Auto-stop and Auto-Reverse for jams.
- Mobile on castors
- Powerful drive for high performance; motor with protected thermal fuse.
- Closed tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear.
- Enclosed housing prevents paper dust build-up and "whisper quiet" operation.
- Shred Size: 1mm x 5mm Micro Cut
- Security Level: Level 6
- Capacity: up to 7 Sheets
- Feed Width: 16"
- Speed: 31 ft/min
- Voltage: 115v.
- Waste Bin: 41 gallons
- Weight: 154 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23.5" x 34.5" x 18.5"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, Parts, and Labor
HSM 390.3 Level 6 High Security Paper Shredder Review
To keep top secret information secure, many offices rely on high security shredders. One excellent choice currently on the market is the HSM 390.3 Level 6 Shredder. This device dices complete documents into thousands of tiny pieces, resulting in a DOD and NSA approved product. Featuring automated use and powerful steel blades, this machine quickly obliterates any sensitive information. Here is a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of the HSM 390.3 Level 6 Paper Shredder.
- Use of this shredder is easy even for inexperienced users. Once switched on, the engine sits in standby mode, ready for shredding, without consuming energy. A photoelectric eye senses pages in the feed and automatically starts and stops the blades to shred as needed. In the event of a paper jam, the motor automatically stops and then reverses the blades to release overfed paper. The auto stop also activates when the shred bag is full or the cabinet door is open.
- Thermal protection from overheating allows the motor to be used for extended periods of time without needing to cool down. This shredder is designed with a closed gear transmission for high performance. It cuts down on dirt and wear while increasing the service life.
- The 16 inch entry slot handles 8 sheets of letter and legal size documents as well as wide computer printouts. The pages are shred into tiny particles as fast as 31 feet per minute. Paper remnants fall into a voluminous 41 gallon shred bag. A wide opening cabinet houses the reusable container and provides a pull-out wire frame for easier emptying.
- Secure, cross cutting blades swiftly convert full size paper into thousands of micro pieces, only 1mm by 5mm in size. This provides the highest security rating available, level six. This level is DOD and NSA approved for top secret document destruction, as the bits are impossible to reassemble. Any highly secure facilities, such as banks and hospitals, can safely use this device to dispose of patient records and client information.
- The solid steel cutting shafts carry a one year warranty along with parts and labor on the rest of the device.
- Weighing over 150 pounds, this is a heavy piece of office equipment. Even so, there are casters on the bottom for easier portability if you need to relocate it. We don’t think weight will present a big problem for most users.
- As is common with many high security shredders, this one doesn’t accommodate staples and paperclips. Removing them can be a tedious but necessary process. For a similar shredder that can take in document fasteners, we suggest the GBC Shredmaster GLHS9.
- The blades can only handle up to 8 sheets at once. Also typical of high security shredders, the low capacity is offset by the rapid shred speed of 31 feet per minute. If your office will need higher intake, we recommend the HSM 411.2 for greater capacity but slightly slower speed.
Overall, the 390.3 is an excellent shredder for the destruction of highly classified information. Banks and hospitals as well as government and military agencies will benefit from the DOD and NSA approved security found in the tiny particles. We think HSM has provided an excellent choice for a high security shredder in the 390.3 Level 6 Paper Shredder.