Sorry, but Intimus 302 1/4" Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 302 1/4" Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder
- Whisper quiet operation
- New contemporary design
- Electronic system with microprocessor control
- Additional front opening for nonconfidential waste
- Front loading paper feed
- Auto Start / Stop
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 22-25 sheets (approx)
- Speed: 20 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 9 1/2 inches
- Shred Container: 1.25 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: .73hp
- Dimensions: 15 3/8
Intimus 302 ¼” Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder Review
The Intimus 302 Strip Cut shredder is a great option for any office. It offers compact dimensions for even the smallest offices but doesn’t skimp on power. Hardened steel blades swiftly and silently slice through all your documents. The automatic features make it effortless to use. Here is a more in-depth look at the Intimus 302 Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder.
- This is a medium sized device, measuring 15-3/8 inches wide by 11 inches deep and 25-3/16 inches tall. The front loading paper feed allows it to be stored under a desk or table but still be easily accessed when needed. Petite size is especially nice in smaller offices. An additional opening on the front offers easy disposal of non-confidential waste, doubling as a paper recycle receptacle.
- An automatic start and stop function offers convenient use when you need it while saving energy when not in use. The entire device is controlled by an electronic system with a microprocessor.
- The 9.5 inch feed entry slot can take in up to 25 sheets at one time. The cutting shafts slice through those items, which can include stapled and paperclipped documents, as fast as 20 feet per minute. This allows you to quickly shred your items and be on your way.
- The heavy duty motor is rated for continuous operation. This feature is especially handy in offices with higher shredding volume. Unlike smaller devices that may need a cool down period after a short time of heavy use, this shredder has a powerful motor designed to withstand long periods of high volume use. The motor is also designed to offer “whisper quiet” operation, providing you with a quieter working environment.
- Finally, the strips fall into a large shred bin measuring 1.25 cubic feet. This is a decent amount for a machine of this size. The shreds won’t fill up the bin too quickly but you’ll still be able to easily lift it to a recycling container for disposal.
- The ¼ inch strip cuts made by this shredder only offer a level 2 security rating. This is safe enough for junk mail and general office memos. However, if your company needs a more secure way to dispose of sensitive material, this model is available in a higher security, cross cut version.
- This shredder weighs 44 pounds. Relatively speaking, this isn’t considered a large piece of office equipment. But the lack of casters will make this bulky and awkward to move around. We recommend you leave this device in place or use a dolly if you do need to move it.
Overall, this is a great shredder for any office. The automatic features offer simple, uncomplicated use. Quality steel blades quickly slice a stack of paperwork into narrow ¼ inch strips. The sturdy motor offers continuous operation, perfect for all day use. Quiet design saves you from hearing the normal whine associated with paper shredders. The Intimus 302 Strip Cut is a great choice for your next low security office shredder.