Sorry, but Intimus 302 1/8" Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 302 1/8" Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder
- Whisper quiet operation
- New contemporary design
- Electronic system with microprocessor control
- Additional front opening for nonconfidential waste
- Front loading paper feed
- Auto Start / Stop
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/8"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 16-19 sheets (approx)
- Speed: 20 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 9 1/2 inches
- Shred Container: 1.25 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: .73hp
- Dimensions: 15 3/8
Intimus 302 1/8″ Strip Cut Whisper Quiet Shredder Review
Intimus is known for high quality shredders and the 302 Strip Cut is no exception. A compact design makes this machine ideal for small spaces but it is still powerful enough to handle heavy duty use. Automatic features offer ease of operation while the quiet design keeps office noise to a minimum. Here is a more in-depth look at the 302 Strip Cut.
- Standing slightly over two feet tall, this shredder can neatly be stored under a desk or a table to stay out of the way but still be accessible. A front loading paper feed allows for easy access even when the top is covered. An additional slot on the front offers quick disposal of non-confidential items, allowing the waste bin to potentially double as a recycling receptacle.
- This device is equipped with an automatic start and stop function. A sensor detects paper inserted into the feed and begins shredding instantly, stopping once nothing else is being put through. The entire unit has an electronic system that is controlled by a microprocessor.
- The 302 offers a powerful motor designed for “whisper quiet” operation. This gives you a much quieter working environment instead of the annoying whine usually associated with shredders. The engine is also rated for continuous duty. Instead of needing a cool down time after a period of heavy use, as with most small shredders, this one can continue shredding all day long.
- A 9.5 inch paper feed handles up to 19 sheets at one time, including stapled and paperclipped documents. Papers are devoured at an impressive rate of 20 feet per minute. This gives you less time spent shredding and more time focused on other more important tasks. The blades create narrow 1/8 inch strips, which keeps safe sensitive internal company data.
- Those small strips fall into a roomy shred bin with 1.25 cubic feet of storage space. This is ample enough space to keep from needing emptying too much while still being manageable to take to the recycle bin.
- The 1/8 inch strips created by this shredder only offer a level 2 security rating. Generic office documents stay safely unreadable at this level. But if you need a more secure way to dispose of sensitive material, you might prefer the higher security cross cut versions of this model.
- Empty, this unit weighs about 40 pounds. Relative to other office equipment, this isn’t very heavy. Even so, the lack of casters will make it bulky and awkward to move around the office. We suggest a dolly for easier mobility.
All in all, the 302 Strip Cut is a great office shredder for low security, high use needs. The speed and capacity at which it runs offer a quick and efficient way to dispose of any documents. The powerful continuous run motor offers quiet, all day use. We would highly recommend the 302 Strip Cut for your next low security shredder.