Sorry, but Intimus 385 1/4" Strip Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 385 1/4" Strip Cut Shredder
- 15" working width for standard EDP forms
- Self-adjusting torsion cutting system-no need to remove staples or paper clips
- Electronic eye located in the inlet guide ensures automatic on/off operation, reverse switch for paper jamming; motor
- overload protection; minimum maintenance
- Built-in frame for large plastic bag; work table on casters available as accessory
- Continuous duty motor - maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 14-20 sheets
- Speed: 45 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 15 inches
- Shred Container: 5.3 cubic feet
- Noise Level: 64 dBA
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 0.62hp
- Dimensions: 21
Intimus 385 ¼” Strip Cut Shredder Review
From one of the top producers of office equipment comes the Intimus 385 Strip Cut Shredder. This model is specifically designed for swift disposal of computer forms and printouts. It also provides simple operation as well as generous capacities for an efficient and convenient device. Here is a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of the Intimus 385.
- Petite dimensions allow this shredder to tidily sit on a desk or table top for instant access when needed. An optional stand designed to support this model is available for purchase as well. Though the machine only weighs about 38 pounds, the stand is mobile on casters for extra portability.
- A main switch supplies power to the motor, triggering a “Ready” indicator to let you know the engine is warmed up and ready to go. As you slide paper into the feed slot, a photoelectric eye turns the blades on and off as needed. If a jam occurs, switching the device into reverse mode will help quickly free the cutting shafts of excess paper.
- The solid steel cutting shafts are powered by a maintenance free motor rated for continuous duty. This means that you can shred continuous forms without having to worry that your shredder will need a cool down period in the middle of the process. The engine runs at about 64 decibels, which is about the same volume as an average conversation.
- A wide 15 inch throat easily takes in standard EDP forms and other oversized paper along with letter and legal size documents. The self-adjusting torsion cutting system uses specially hardened cutting cylinders that are unaffected by staples and paperclips. Up to 20 sheets at once can enter the blades and are shred as fast as 45 feet per minute.
- The narrow, unreadable strips that remain fall into a spacious 40 gallon shred bag. The bag sits in a built-in frame that hangs off the side of your desk or table to catch the shreds.
- A lifetime guarantee covers the cutting shafts. The rest of the device carries a three year warranty on parts and labor.
- Though illegible, the shreds only provide a low level 2 security rating. While this is fine for general shredding, confidential data should go through a cross cut machine, such as the 402CC.
- While the shred bag will hold a large amount of paper remnants, it isn’t integrated into the machine. This is because it’s designed specifically to sit on a surface, not stand alone. For a similar device with a built-in shred container, check out the 302.
As you can see, the Intimus 385 is ideal for a small desktop shredder used in a small to medium office. IT departments and EDP offices will especially benefit from the secure disposal of data printed on continuous forms and pinfed printers. With automatic features for easy use along with decent shred speeds and capacities, Intimus has provided an efficient and convenient data shredder for use in any office. We would highly recommend the 385 ¼” Strip Cut Shredder for your next desktop shredder.