Sorry, but Intimus 452 1/8" Strip Cut Medium Duty Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 452 1/8" Strip Cut Medium Duty Shredder
- 16" working width to shred computer print-outs: additional work surface provided by shelf or optional top rack
- Elegant, functionally styled design with a compact folding paper shelf
- Dust-free operation with large waste basket, totally mobile on casters.
- Fully automatic operation, user-friendly with visual indicators
- Specially hardened steel cutting cylinders
- Continuous-duty motor is maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/8"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 15-19 sheets
- Speed: 60 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 16"
- Shred Container: 4.0 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 1.25hp
- Dimensions: 26
Intimus 452 1/8″ Strip Cut Medium Duty Shredder Review
Intimus designs shredders to meet the needs of every business. Their 452 shredders are ideal for a central shredder in a small department shared by multiple users. This device combines security, capacity and practicality in one shredder. It is simple and efficient to use while still powerful enough to withstand heavy use. Let’s take a closer look at the 452 Strip Cut shredder.
- This shredder offers functional design and automatic features. A compact folding paper shelf gives the added convenience of a storage spot for your shredding stack (or coffee cup) while you shred. An optional top rack could add even more work surface space if needed. With automatic operation and user-friendly visual status indicators, this machine is easy to run no matter how inexperienced you may be.
- Specially hardened steel cutting shafts are driven by a powerful, maintenance free motor. The engine is rated for continuous operation. Unlike smaller machines that require a cool down time after a short period of heavy use, this shredder can handle constant use all day long. This lets you shred when needed instead of idly waiting for the device to be ready.
- The long 16 inch feed opening easily accepts wide computer print outs as well as documents containing staples and paperclips. As many as 19 sheets can enter the blades at once and are sliced at a rapid rate of 60 feet per minute. Even the largest of stacks are quickly converted into narrow, unreadable strips. The 1/8 inch strips earn a level 2 security rating. This is perfect for the generic, all-purpose shredding needs of most offices.
- This machine offers dust-free operation, which cuts down on corrosion from particles, not to mention less clean-up. A large waste basket catches the small strips and stores them in a massive shred bag with 4 cubic feet of storage space. That’s almost 30 gallons, which is excellent for a central shredder of this size in a small department.
- This machine weighs 121 pounds when empty, which is fairly significant. However, there are casters mounted on the bottom to aid in mobility and we don’t think this will be much of a problem for most users.
- The 1/8 inch strips only provide a level 2 security. For the safe disposal of general office documents, such as memos and work orders, this works just fine. Businesses needing a more secure way to discard highly classified information would be better off with either the higher security cross cut version of this model or a high security Intimus shredder.
For a small department shredder, the Intimus 452 is hard to beat. All your documents will be sliced into thin, illegible strips. Automated operation, extra work surface, and swift shredding put this machine in the top of its class. It is efficient and simple to use, qualities anyone can appreciate. We would highly recommend this device for your next low security, heavy use shredder.