We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Intimus 502 1/4" Strip Cut Large Capacity Shredder
- Whisper quiet operation
- New contemporary design
- 10 1/4" working width
- "Full bag", "jam", "bag full" and "door open" indicators
- Front loading paper feed
- Auto Start / Stop
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 27-33 sheets
- Speed: 30 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 10 1/4 inches
- Shred Container: 3 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 1.5hp
- Dimensions: 19 1/4
Intimus 502 1/4 Inch Strip-Cut Paper Shredder Review
If your office is in need of a large-capacity strip-cut shredder, one device that’s worth a look is the Intimus 502. Here are its strengths and weaknesses. Check them out to see if this is the machine your office needs.
- The 502 has a very wide throat – also known as a feed opening – that can accommodate different sizes of documents. The feed opening is 10.25 inches wide so shredding letter-sized paper (8.5” x 11”) won’t be a problem. You’ll also be able to shred legal-sized paper (8.5” x 14”) and other larger items. When you place your paper in the device, it will begin shredding immediately.
- This paper shredder is a strip-cut device which means it can turn paper into a bunch of spaghetti-like strips. The strips will be 0.25” wide, so it will be very difficult for anyone to retrieve information off of them.
- If you happen to leave any staples or paper clips in your documents, it’s not something to be concerned about. The 502’s cutting mechanism is powerful enough to chew up any fasteners that may be left in your documents.
- One of the best things about the 502 is its incredible shredding capacity. It has the ability to shred 27 to 33 sheets of paper per pass, so if you need to shred a lot, it won’t take very much time. In fact, this device can shred a whopping 30 feet of material per minute. Plus, this machine has a continuous-duty motor so you can use it constantly without needing to let it cool off.
- The 502 has a waste bin that has a volume of 3 cubic feet. It will take a while for the bin to get full, so you won’t need to be emptying it constantly.
- Quiet operation is the name of the game with this device. It runs so quietly that you and your colleagues will be able to concentrate on your jobs without being distracted.
- It’s easy to tell what this machine’s status is. The device has indicators to let you let you know if the bin needs to be emptied, if there’s a paper jam, and if the door to the waste bin cabinet is open. Then you’ll be able to fix the problem and go right back to shredding.
- This is a shredder that was designed for multiple users and its dimensions reflect that. It measures 19 1/4” (width) x 15” (depth) x 34 1/4” (height), so it will need to be placed in a common area, such as near a photocopier. It’s simply too large to be placed under a desk.
- The 502 is pretty heavy because it weighs 102 pounds. It lacks casters, so you may want to use a dolly if it ever needs to be moved.
- While this machine can destroy document fasteners, it cannot shred multimedia items such as CD’s and floppy disks.
Overall, the Intimus 502 would be a wise choice for companies needing a large-capacity strip-cut shredder. It has a large enough feed opening to accommodate most commonly sized documents and you can even leave in your paper clips and staples. It’s great for shared worked areas and it will help you and your colleagues destroy a lot of documents quickly. If all this sounds great to you, consider getting the Intimus 502 today.