Sorry, but Intimus 502 1/8" Strip Cut Large Capacity Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 502 1/8" Strip Cut Large Capacity Shredder
- Whisper quiet operation
- New contemporary design
- 10 1/4" working width
- "Full bag", "jam", "bag full" and "door open" indicators
- Front loading paper feed
- Auto Start / Stop
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/8"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 19-25 sheets
- Speed: 30 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 10 1/4 inches
- Shred Container: 3 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 1.5hp
- Dimensions: 19 1/4
Intimus 502 1/8″ Strip Cut High Capacity Shredder Review
Intimus shredders are known for quality craftsmanship and the 502 Strip Cut shredder is no different. Built for high volume shredding and offering a new contemporary design, this shredder is both efficient and sleek. Generous capacities make this shredder excellent for medium to larger offices. Automatic features offer simple and uncomplicated use. Here is closer look at the pros and cons of the 502.
- This device is programmed to be simple to operate by even the most inexperienced user. First, an automatic start turns on the motor for you. When paper is sensed in the feed opening, the blades start shredding on cue. After you’ve finished, power is cut from the motor and the cutting cylinders stop running. Energy isn’t wasted on unused blades. Is your shredder not working properly? Simply glance at the LED panel and it will tell you if the shred bag is full, the cabinet door is open, or if there is a paper jam. This allows you to swiftly discern and resolve any issues that may arise instead of wasting time searching for the problem.
- The sturdy blades are driven by a powerful motor designed to be maintenance free. Two great features of this motor is that it is rated for both continuous run and “whisper quiet” operation. Continuous run means that unlike many smaller shredders, this one won’t need a cool down time after a short period of heavy use. You won’t spend idle time waiting to be able to shred your items. And a quieter shredder is always appreciated in offices where silence is golden.
- A 10.25 inch wide paper feed is front loading for added convenience. It accepts up to 25 sheets at once, including stapled and paperclipped documents. Paperwork is sliced as fast as 30 feet per minute. That is an excellent rate for any device, allowing you to speedily shred your stack and be on your way.
- Those narrow 1/8 inch strips fall into a voluminous shred bag offering 3 cubic feet of storage space. This keeps you from making too many trips to the recycle bin but is still manageable.
- This shredder weighs approximately 90 pounds when empty. A hefty device like this is harder to move around and unfortunately it isn’t equipped with casters for easy movement. We suggest using a dolly if you need to move it.
- The 1/8 inch strips created by the blades only provide a level 2 security. This works great for general office documents that you don’t want lying around. However, businesses needing a safer way to dispose of confidential data would be better off with a higher security version of this model.
As seen in the many strengths, the 502 Strip Cut Shredder is a great option for the low security, heavy duty needs of any office. A sleek design with a front loading feed contributes to the allure of this high capacity shredder. Automatic features offer stress-free operation. Impressive capacities and speeds ensure your documents are efficiently destroyed. We think the 502 is one device to seriously consider for your next office shredder.