Sorry, but Intimus 502CC 1/16" x 9/16" Cross Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus 502CC 1/16" x 9/16" Cross Cut Shredder
- Whisper quiet operation
- New contemporary design
- 10 1/4" working width
- "Full bag", "jam", "bag full" and "door open" indicators
- Front loading paper feed
- Auto Start / Stop
- Continuous duty motor-maintenance free
- Handles documents with paper clips and staples
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/16" x 9/16"
- Shred Type: Cross-cut
- Capacity: 12-15 sheets
- Speed: 30 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 10 1/4 inches
- Shred Container: 3 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 115v
- Power Consumption: 1.5hp
- Dimensions: 19 1/4
Intimus 502CC 1/16″ x 9/16″ Cross Cut Shredder Review
The 502CC 1/16″ x 9/16″ Cross Cut Shredder is the highest security device in Intimus’ 502 line of shredders. The 502CC offers a sleek, contemporary design and is simple to use due to many automatic features. Busy medium to larger offices will appreciate the generous capacity and rapid speed of this machine. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of owning a 502CC shredder.
- First, start and stop is controlled automatically. A sensor detects items being inserted into the feed and turns on blades for instant shredding when you need it. After you’ve finished using the device, it stops automatically, saving energy by not powering unused blades. Having a problem with your shredder? One glance at the LED panel will tell you what is going on, whether there is a paper jam, the cabinet door is open, or the shred bag is full. This display allows the user to promptly discern and resolve any issues that may arise without wasting time searching for the problem.
- A powerful, maintenance-free motor offers two excellent features: continuous duty and “whisper quiet” operation. While many smaller shredders need a cool down period after a short burst of heavy use, this motor is rated to run continuously. You will save time by not standing idly, waiting for the shredder to be ready. And who wouldn’t appreciate a quieter shredding experience? Just think, no more irritating whining while you shred.
- The convenient front loading paper opening allows this machine to possibly be stored under a table or a low shelf. The wide 10.25 inch feed takes in up to 15 sheets at once and doesn’t turn away staples or paperclips. Papers are destroyed at a rate of 30 feet per minute, impressive for a cross cutting machine.
- The cutting cylinders convert full size documents into tiny confetti, only 1/16 inch by 9/16 inch in size. These small bits provide a level 4 security, keeping all your personal and business confidential material safe and secure. The smaller particles also fill up the shred bag slower, reducing the number of trips needed to the trash.
- Paper confetti sails down into a massive shred bag with 3 cubic feet of storage space. That’s about 22.4 gallons, an ample amount of storage for a shredder of this size.
- At 90 pounds, this is a hefty device. Unfortunately, there aren’t casters on the bottom to make it easily rolled around. If you need to move it to a different location, we suggest using a dolly.
- Fifteen sheets is not a lot for a shredder to take at once. However, considering the shred rate of 30 feet per minute, we think this won’t pose a problem for most offices. If your business requires higher volume use, we recommend either a lower security version of this model with a larger intake or another high capacity model by Intimus.
It’s plain to see the benefits of the 502CC heavily outweigh the weaknesses. This medium security device is perfect for a high traffic area in a medium to large office. It is an efficient, powerful, easy to use shredder. We would highly recommend this excellent machine for your next office shredder.