We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Intimus 702CC 5/32" x 1-13/16" Cross Cut Shredder
- Automatic On/Off via light barrier
- Manual "On/Off"
- "Jam Detection"
- Indicators for "Ready", "Bag Full", & "Paper Jam"
- On casters for easy mobility
- Quiet and dust-free operation
- Electronic system with microprocessor control
- Optional space-saving shelf
- Specially hardened steel cutting cylinders allow to shred paper clips, CDs/DVDs/3.5" floppy disks
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1 13/16"
- Shred Type: Cross-cut
- Capacity: 50-55 sheets
- Speed: 24 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 16 inches
- Shred Container: 6.1 cubic feet
- Supply Voltage: 120v
- Power Consumption: 2.5hp
- Dimensions: 26
Intimus 702CC 5/32″ x 1-13/32″ Cross Cut Shredder Review
A quality departmental shredder is often more cost effective than individual shredders for every person in an office. One great option for such a device is the Intimus 702CC Cross Cut Shredder. This robust machine offers high capacities as well as many automatic features for simple use. Hardened steel blades give you added security by shredding multiple media types. Let’s take a closer look at the 702CC Cross Cut Shredder.
- Use of this device is controlled both manually and automatically. The manual switch causes the machine to warm up and sit in “Ready” mode. A light barrier mechanism utilizes a sensor that detects paper in the feed and starts the shredding process. Once the items are through the cutting cylinders, the same mechanism turns the blades off and the machine goes back to “Ready”, as indicated by the optical display. Paper jams are also automatically detected and displayed as a user alert; a full shred bag is sensed and shown in this same way as well. These alerts tell the user the status of their machine at all times, allowing them the opportunity to quickly fix any issues that may arise.
- This device boasts of specially hardened steel cutting shafts that are robust enough to slice through a variety of media. The blades are driven by a powerful motor. The engine is designed for dust-free and quiet operation for your convenience.
- A wide 16 inch throat accepts up to 55 sheets at once and shreds them as fast as 24 feet per minute. This is excellent for a cross cutting device. The blades also dice up CDs, DVDs, and 3.5 inch floppy disks, in addition to staples and paperclips. Items are converted into small pieces, only 5/32 inch by 1-13/32 inch in size. These remnants provide a level 3 security rating, great for most confidential personal and business documents.
- Those tiny confetti pieces float down into a spacious 6.1 cubic foot shred bag. That equals about 45.6 gallons, offering a sizable amount of waste storage.
- The shreds produced only earn a level 3 security rating. Most business will find this to be a safe way to dispose of all their documents. But businesses requiring a secure way to discard highly classified information may prefer one of Intimus’ higher security devices.
- At 198, this is a hefty piece of equipment. Even so, there are casters mounted on the bottom for added mobility and we think this won’t be much of a problem for most users.
As seen in the many strengths, the 702CC is an impressive shredder. Offering automatic features for easy operation and large capacities for heavy usage, this device is ideal for a central department shredder. Sturdy blades dice up all your documents as well as CDs and floppy disks to help keep you and your clientele safe from prying eyes. We would highly recommend the 702CC Cross Cut Shredder for your next office device.