Intimus 802CC Cross Cut High Capacity Shredder
- Automatic, via light barrier
- Manual, via multi-function button
- Auto Reverse when overloaded and reversed
- LEDs for "paper jam", "bin full", and "door open"
- Dustproof enclosure - mounted on rollers for flexible use
- Large shelf - hinged to save space
- Telescopic sliding frame with changeable plactic bags
- Easily handles documents with staples, paperclips, CD's, DVD's and Floppy disks
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Cutting size paper: 1/16 x 9/16 inches
- Security level DIN 32757-1: P-5 (Old Level 4)
- Security level DIN 66 399 P-5 / F-2
- Shredding capacity 70 g/m²: 35-40 sheets
- Cutting speed 70 g/m²: 60 ft./min.
- Cutting speed 70 g/m²: 2424 sheets/min.
- Shredding capacity 80 g/m²: 35-38 sheets
- Cutting speed 80 g/m²: 60 ft./min.
- Cutting speeed 80 g/m²: 2303 sheets/min.
- Working width: 17 inches
- DIN paper size: A2
- Catchbasket volume: 7.2 gallons
- Supply voltage: 400 Volt
- Noise level: 75 db(A)
- Weight net: 408 lbs
- Width: 30 inches
- Depth: 22 inches
- Height: 50 3/8 inches
- 1 year parts and 90 days labor.
- 3 Years on the cutting cylinders.
Intimus 802CC Cross Cut High Capacity Shredder Review
For a large department or industry shredder, the choices often are either high capacity or high security. The 802CC Cross Cut Shredder by Intimus offers both so you don't have to choose. Large capacities and a sturdy motor are ready to withstand the heavy duty shredding needs of any industry while the cross cutting blades provide high security in the remnants created. Rounded out by automatic features and an optical display, the 802CC is both efficient and user-friendly. Let's take a closer look.
A single multifunction button offers manual control of this machine. The blades start and stop automatically via light barrier. Paper sensed in the feed triggers the cross cutting mechanism to begin shredding when needed and shut down after the items are through the blades. LED lights display when there is a paper jam, the shred bin is full, or the cabinet door is open. In the case of a paper jam, auto reverse kicks in to send out the overfed paper and unclog the blades. A space saving, large hinged shelf offers extra paper storage when you need it and folds flat on the front of the shredder when not in use.
An extra wide 17 inch feed opening allows a wide variety of items to easily slide into the machine. Other than stapled and paperclipped documents, the device can destroy CDs, DVDs, and 3.5 inch floppy disks. The cutting shafts can take up to 40 sheets at once and shred them as fast as 60 feet per minute. This is extremely rapid for a cross cutting shredder. Tiny confetti is created in particles only 1/16 inch by 9/16 inch and provides a level 4 security rating. All your confidential information will stay safe in these minute pieces.
The entire unit is housed in a dustproof enclosure, which minimizes the cleaning needed. Removal and replacement of the large shred bags is simplified by the telescoping sliding frame that holds the changeable plastic bags. Small particles fall into a voluminous shred bag offering 7.2 cubic feet of waste storage. This approximately equals just under 54 gallons of space, definitely enough to handle the large amounts of shreds generated by heavy use.
This is one hefty piece of office equipment, weighing in at 408 pounds when empty. Rollers mounted on the bottom aid in the mobility, though it still may be bulky to wheel around. Even so, we don't think this will be much of a problem for most users.
One nice feature this shredder is lacking is separate compartments for paper and plastic waste. It's a shame to see all the paper go into the trash instead of a recycling bin. If you have a high amount of plastic items to shred and would like to recycle your paper waste, we suggest using a separate shredder, such as the Intimus 502 Multimedia Shredder, for items other than paper.
The Intimus 802CC Cross Cut Shredder is well-suited for heavy duty, high security shredding needs. Even the few minor weaknesses are easily avoided. Generous capacities and robust blades are designed to handle the heavy shredding needs of any industry. Cross cutting cylinders swiftly devour all your confidential data and render it virtually impossible to reassemble. We think the 802CC is an excellent choice for your next large office shredder.