Sorry, but Intimus S14.95 11.8mm Industrial Strip Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Intimus S14.95 11.8mm Industrial Strip Cut Shredder
- Depending on shredder - cutting speed is 55-60 ft./min.
- Easy to see lights for - power on, paper jam, and bin door open
- Two switches for power - one On/Off with locking key and one with Off and Forward or Reverse function
- Idling sound level approximately 68 dBA
- Bin full warning with auto stop
- Bin door on right side - optional left side retro-fit kit available
- 53 gallon capacity waste bin - optional baler available
- Motor power consumption 10Hp
- 220 Volt/60H, three phase power supply required
- Optional accessories: Feed table expander, Emergency, front stop bar, Waste door hinge kit, Baler
- Continuous duty motor - maintenance free
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Shred Size: 1/2"
- Shred Type: Strip-cut
- Capacity: 180-190 sheets
- Speed: 60 ft. per minute
- Throat Size: 17 inches
- Dimensions: 66"L x 31"W x 65"H
- Weight: 977 lbs.
- Part Number: 698914
- Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, 1 Year on Parts and Labor
Intimus S14.95 11.8mm Industrial Strip Cut Shredder Review
The Intimus S14.95 Industrial Shredders are a group of heavy duty machines designed for simple operation and high volume performance. The 11.8mm Strip Cut offers the fastest shred speeds and the highest capacity out of the three. It is built for durability and functionality. The entire unit is narrowly constructed to be able to fit through standard width doors. Let’s take a closer look at the S14.95.
- Ease of use is found in the many automatic functions offered. Two power switches control use of the device. The first is a locking master switch which turns the shredder on and off. The second is a multifunction button with options for Off, Forward, and Reverse. Off is automatically triggered if the cabinet door is open or if the waste bin is full. Optical signals indicate when the power is on, there is a paper jam, or the bin door is open. Both give the user the opportunity to quickly diagnose and fix any issues that may arise during use. An automated anti-jam function works to prevent the blades from clogging. If this occurs, reverse functions to rotate the cutting cylinders backwards to feed out the overfed items.
- The powerful maintenance free motor is designed for continuous operation. Thermo-sensor motor protection prevents the engine from overheating, which prolongs the life of your machine.
- This machine utilizes a conveyor belt feed system with a wide 17 inch opening that easily accepts most sizes of documents. Flat or crumpled paper can enter the blades, swept in and held in place by a rotating paddle. Up to 190 sheets can go into the cutting shafts at once and are sliced as fast as 60 feet per minute. Half inch strips remain and provide a level 2 security.
- Shreds fall into a massive 53 gallon bin. The door completely opens, making it easier to remove and replace the shred bag.
- Four optional items can add to functionality. The first is a feed table expander, which offers extra space to place documents needing to be shred. An emergency front stop bar would provide added safety should something go wrong. A waste door hinge kit give the option of opening the cabinet from the left side instead of the right. And finally, an optional baler compacts the shreds, making them easier to discard.
- The thin slices only earn a level 2 security rating. For large volume, generic shredding, this is adequate. However, more sensitive material should go through a higher security device. This model is available in a cross cut version offering a level 3 security for confidential information.
- At 1125 pounds, this is one weighty piece of office equipment. Fortunately, two fixed and two lockable casters on the bottom provide added mobility. We think this won’t be much of a problem for most users.
As evidenced by the many strengths, the S14.95 is able to accommodate the high volume shredding needs of any business. Automatic features coupled with a robust motor and sturdy blades provide a machine that is both easy to use and efficient. The Intimus S14.95 is an excellent choice for your next industrial shredder.