Sorry, but James Burn 4:1 Pitch Plastic Coil Binding Punch is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
James Burn 4:1 Pitch Plastic Coil Binding Punch
- Ergonomically Designed Loop Handle
- Versatile: Adjustable Lay Gauge
- Efficient: Removable Chip Collection Tray
- Reliability: 100% Steel Construction
- Pitch: 4:1 Hole Spacing: .248
- Dimensions: 4: H x 16" W x 10" D
- Weight: 17.9 lbs.
- Part Number: 04JBMANCOILP
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
James Burns 4:1 Pitch Plastic Coil Binding Punch Review
Color coil binding is a very popular document finishing method and with good reason. It’s quick, easy, it looks great, and there are coils available in just about every color you could ever want. To take advantage of this terrific binding method, you need a number of supplies, such as the coils themselves, a crimper and inserter, and a hole punch. One punch that was specially designed for this method is the James Burns 4:1 Pitch Plastic Coil Binding Punch. Let’s take a look at this device and see what it has going for it and what, if anything, could be improved.
- First, this machine is just a punch. It will not crimp your coils nor will it insert them into your document. Thus, you should either already have the other devices on-hand or you should be considering getting them. Of course, it’s possible to insert coils by hand although you may find that it takes a while, especially if you’re assembling a lot of books.
- This machine produces a 4:1 pitch hole pattern. That means that, along the side of your document, four holes will be punched per inch of paper. This is the standard pitch for most coils so you should be able to use this device with just about all the supplies on the market.
- This device can punch a maximum of 12 sheets of 20 lb. paper at one time. While this is good if most of your documents are on the short side, you may find it a bit tedious to punch longer documents.
- Both left- and right-handed users will be able to use this device with ease. It has a D-shaped punching handle that’s ergonomically friendly so using it is not only easy, it’s comfortable as well.
- This machine is made from 100% steel. It can withstand a lot of use so you should be able to make use of it for years.
- If space is limited in your work area, you’ll be pleased to know that this punch won’t take up very much room. Its dimensions are 4” (height) x 16″ (width) x 10″ (depth) and it only weighs 18 pounds, so moving it won’t be any trouble at all.
- This product comes with a 90-day warranty. It’s not the longest warranty around (most binding equipment is usually covered for one year), but it should suffice seeing as this product is really well-constructed.
Overall, the James Burns 4:1 Pitch Plastic Coil Binding Punch is terrific for what it is: an extremely basic, easy-to-use hole punch. Binding equipment doesn’t get much simpler than this and that’s actually a good thing. If you’re new to document finishing, this is the perfect device for you and it will allow you to get started easily. Although the punching capacity could be improved, this device should be good for most applications. Just make sure you have the other supplies you need (i.e. crimpers). Take a look at this product today so you can start binding!