MyBinding Knowledge Base
What are my options for Cork Boards?
A high-quality cork board is always a good thing to have for the home and/or workplace. Cork boards can help you stay organized and communicate your ideas to the people around you. If you don’t have one of these items or if you’re shopping for a new one, you might be wondering which ones you should consider. That said, here are five great products you should check out.
- Balt Best-Rite Light-Duty Cork boards. These are classic items that will look great in any home or office and they have incredible tack-holding abilities. They are also super affordable. Each one has a surface that’s made from 100% natural cork, which is a totally renewable resource. These boards are available in several different sizes ranging from 18″ x 24″ to 4′ x 12′ and they all come with everything you need to hang yours up.
- Ghent Adjustable Pedestal Cork board. This product is what you need when you want to convey your message in different locations. It measures 18″ x 24″ and it has an adjustable stand that can range in height from 49″ to 66″. The cork is self-healing so you’ll be able to use your bulletin board for years.
- Ghent Image Trim Bulletin Boards. These cork boards have a little bit of extra flair. They each have an aluminum frame that’s a nice departure from the wooden ones typically seen on this type of bulletin board. Two trims are available – gray granite and black marble – so you’ll be able to choose one that complements your office’s decor. The cork in these self-healing products is high-quality and can withstand a lot of use. They’re all covered by a 10-year guarantee and four sizes are available ranging from 4′ x 6′ to 4′ x 12′.
- Quartet Bulletin Boards. If you’d like to avoid the look of cork all together, Quarter Prestige Colored Bulletin Boards are a wonderful choice. These products have graphite-colored cork and you can choose from one of three frames: light cherry, maple and graphite. These sophisticated cork boards would look great in your reception area or conference room. The self-healing surface is resistant to pin holes, plus these boards are easy to install thanks to an Easy Mount system.
- Balt Best-Rite Splash-Cork Eco-Friendly Bulletin Board. Finally, if you’d like something that’s environmentally friendly, the Splash-Cork is perfect. These boards are manufactured under sustainable practices that conform with regulations set out by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Also, some of the materials used to make these cork boards is recycled, so you won’t have to worry about your impact on the environment when using one. These products are self-healing, come in a variety of sizes, and have a black frame that will look terrific wherever you install it.
< Over the years, a number of customers have asked me whether they can use twin loop wire with their plastic comb binding machine. These customers often don’t want to have to buy a brand new machine but like the look and feel of twin loop wire binding. However, the answer to their question isn’t as simple as it seems. You see, they actually do make twin loop wire that is designed to work with the plastic comb binding hole pattern. With that said, if you want to use these wires you are going to need a way to close the wires. What is Spiral-O Wire? Let me explain a little bit more…There is a product that we carry called Spiral-O Wire. This wire has 19 loops and is designed to work with the hole pattern from a plastic comb binding machine. Spiral-O Wire is sometimes called Wire Combs or Ibico Wire and was originally designed for use with some of the older Ibico binding machines. A number of the older Ibico plastic comb binding machines also included a twin loop wire closer on the front of them to allow users to use both plastic combs and wire. This 19 loop wire was designed for this purpose. What Equipment is Needed? As the Ibico brand has been phased out by GBC and all of the older Ibico plastic binding machines have been replaced with new models, they no longer have the twin loop wire closer on the front of them. This presents a problem in trying to use these spiral-o wires since you can’t use the wires without a way to close them. One of the only options left is to purchase a Twin Loop wire closer. However, since twin loop wire closers are not incredibly cheap this option usually only appeals to users who have larger electric plastic comb binding machines. Otherwise, it is often advisable to simply buy a low end 3:1 pitch twin loop wire binding machine (the supplies are cheaper). This being said, if you have one of the older Ibico binding machines that has a wire closer included you are in luck. The Spiral-O binding supplies that we carry will work perfectly with your machine and you will be able to use both plastic combs and wire depending on your needs. These Spiral-O binding supplies are available in Black, Silver, White, Blue and Red and in sizes up to 1″ in diameter. If you aren’t sure what type of wire binding supplies that you need to work with your machine simply give us a call. Our trained sales representatives will be glad to help you find the correct supplies for use with your machine.(Read More)