Sorry, but Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator Roll Applicator (Discontinued) is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator Roll Applicator (Discontinued)
- A scrap rewind with an adjustable clutch takes up the release liner found on many pressure sensitive films.
- Roller bearings, alloy construction and high quality motors insure a long and trouble-free life for these machines.
- The laminating roller opening is adjustable in seconds and allows operators to work with different thickness materials.
- A variable speed motor control allows operators to apply different materials to different substrates.
- Interchangeable rubber rollers help keep maintenance costs down.
- The feed tray is non-ferrous, so magnetic materials may be applied.
- The supply roll tension knobs are important, because without some supply roll tension, most films and tapes will wrinkle during applications.
- A reverse drive switch makes it simple to back material out of the laminating rollers or correct material wrap-around.
- Manufactured in the U.S.A. means quality, better service and faster parts availability.
- All electrical components conform to NRTL standards.
- 2 year factory warranty.
- Lamination Width: 60"
- Variable Speed - FPM: 0-25
- Laminating Roller Diameter: 3"
- Supply Roll Core Size: 3"
- Recommend Film Thickness: 1 mil and up
- Max. Laminating Thickness: 1/2"
- Max. Film Roll Diameter: 12" (18" opt)
- Dimensions (includes stand): 72"L x 38"W x 48"H,
- Electrical: 110V, 15 amps
- Motor: 1/4 HP DC
- Warranty: 2 year Factory Warranty
Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator Review
Ledco manufactures first-rate laminators that are ideal for professional use. One of their many devices is the Econocraft 60" laminator. This is a rather large machine that's perfect for wide-format applications. Let's take a look at its strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it's the laminator for you:
Strengths / Features:
- The Econocraft is one of the best laminators to use when processing wide-format materials. This machine can accommodate items that are up to 60" wide. Since the device can work with things that are 1/2" thick or less, you can even use mounting boards to create high-quality visual aids.
- When you laminate with the Econocraft, you'll be able to use laminating film that's up to 10 mil thick. This will allow you to give your materials a terrific amount of protection. When selecting your film, make sure that the rolls are no more than 12" in diameter and that the core is 3" across.
- For such a large machine, the Econocraft can process items pretty quickly. This device's top laminating speed is 25 feet per minute, so you'll be able to laminate your items in very little time.
- You can do a number of things with this device in addition to laminating such as adhesive application. Due to this, you'll really only need one machine to fulfill your wide-format imaging and document finishing needs.
- Although the Econocraft is large, it's pretty easy to operate. It comes with a foot pedal so you can keep your hands free as you work with your materials. Also, the device has a reverse drive switch and tension knobs to fix mistakes and keep the film taut respectively.
- Finally, this machine comes with a 2-year warranty so you can get it fixed or replaced if it goes on the fritz.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Since the Econocraft can laminate wide-format items, it doesn't come as a surprise that it's extremely large. Its dimensions are 48" (height) x 72" (width) x 38" (depth), so finding room for it will be challenging if your work area is small. Also, be sure to choose a good location for it because you're not going to want to move it later on: it weighs 550 pounds.
- Although this machine is perfect for wide-format finishing, using it for smaller items isn't the most practical idea. If you need to work with smaller materials, make sure you have a more compact laminator at your disposal.
Overall, the Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator is highly recommended for print shops, sign makers, and any other business that needs a wide-format machine. The Econocraft will help you process your materials quickly and easily so you can meet deadlines and produce professional-looking work. Plus, this machine has a terrific warranty so you're covered in case it starts acting up. However, be aware that this laminator is very large and heavy. If that's okay with you, be sure to check out the Econocraft. Happy laminating!