- Easily adjustable laminating roller opening allows operators to work with different thickness materials.
- Scrap rewind with an adjustable clutch to take up the release liner found on many pressure-sensitive films.
- Supply roll tension knobs apply tension to the film or tape being applied to eliminate wrinkles.
- Variable-speed motor operation enables operators to apply different materials to different substrates.
- Reverse drive switch enables operators to back material out of the laminating rollers or correct material wrap-around.
- Foot switch to free hands to align and feed work.
- Maximum Laminating Width: 60"
- Laminating Speed: 0-25 ft/min
- Laminating Roller Diameter: 3"
- Supply Roll Core Size: 3"
- Maximum Film Roll Diameter: 12"
- Recommended Film: Up to 10 mil
- Max Laminating Thickness: 1/2"
- Dimensions: 72" x 48" x 38" (W x H x D)
- Weight: 550 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer
- Voltage: 110v, 15 amps
- Part Number: 2160103U
Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator Review
Ledco manufactures first-rate laminators that are ideal for professional use. One of their many devices is the Econocraft 60" laminator. This is a rather large machine that's perfect for wide-format applications. Let's take a look at its strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if it's the laminator for you:
Strengths / Features:
- The Econocraft is one of the best laminators to use when processing wide-format materials. This machine can accommodate items that are up to 60" wide. Since the device can work with things that are 1/2" thick or less, you can even use mounting boards to create high-quality visual aids.
- When you laminate with the Econocraft, you'll be able to use laminating film that's up to 10 mil thick. This will allow you to give your materials a terrific amount of protection. When selecting your film, make sure that the rolls are no more than 12" in diameter and that the core is 3" across.
- For such a large machine, the Econocraft can process items pretty quickly. This device's top laminating speed is 25 feet per minute, so you'll be able to laminate your items in very little time.
- You can do a number of things with this device in addition to laminating such as adhesive application. Due to this, you'll really only need one machine to fulfill your wide-format imaging and document finishing needs.
- Although the Econocraft is large, it's pretty easy to operate. It comes with a foot pedal so you can keep your hands free as you work with your materials. Also, the device has a reverse drive switch and tension knobs to fix mistakes and keep the film taut respectively.
- Finally, this machine comes with a 2-year warranty so you can get it fixed or replaced if it goes on the fritz.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Since the Econocraft can laminate wide-format items, it doesn't come as a surprise that it's extremely large. Its dimensions are 48" (height) x 72" (width) x 38" (depth), so finding room for it will be challenging if your work area is small. Also, be sure to choose a good location for it because you're not going to want to move it later on: it weighs 550 pounds.
- Although this machine is perfect for wide-format finishing, using it for smaller items isn't the most practical idea. If you need to work with smaller materials, make sure you have a more compact laminator at your disposal.
Overall, the Ledco Econocraft 60" Laminator is highly recommended for print shops, sign makers, and any other business that needs a wide-format machine. The Econocraft will help you process your materials quickly and easily so you can meet deadlines and produce professional-looking work. Plus, this machine has a terrific warranty so you're covered in case it starts acting up. However, be aware that this laminator is very large and heavy. If that's okay with you, be sure to check out the Econocraft. Happy laminating!
You Save: 7%
You Save: 19%
You Save: 14%