Mactac WindowVIEW Easy Etch 3.2mil 60" x 150' Matte Frosted Permanent Vinyl
- Physical Properties
Property Typical Values Test Method Thickness, inches (µm)
Film Face only
Film plus Adhesive
Peel Adhesion lb./in. (N/25mm)
180° on stainless steel
- 24 hours
FTM - 1
Quick Tack, lb./in² (N/25mm)
FTM - 9
Dimensional Stability, (%)
48 hours @ 158°F
FTM - 14
10” x 10” Sample
Bonded to aluminum
-40°F to 180°F (-40°C to 82°C)
Surface Burning Characteristics
ASTM E84-01 or
ANSI/NFPA 255 or
The outdoor durability of the unprinted film is 5 years.
- Shelf Life
2 years from D.O.M. when stored at 60/77°F (15/25°C) and 50% relative humidity in the original package.
While this film is designed to be a permanent application on glass, it is still easily removed with little to no adhesive residue. Gently lift one corner and slowly, but firmly, peel off the window at a 90° angle. For larger graphics it helps to score the graphic with a knife in strips 5” - 6” wide by the length of the window and then peel off one strip at a time.
- Approved Printing Processes:
Screen Printing: HP Indigo ☐
UV Cured ☒ Off-set ☐
Solvent ☐ UV Off-set ☐
WF Digital: UV Inkjet ☒ Thermal Transfer ☐
Eco-solvent ☒ Flexographic* ☐
True solvent ☒ UV Flexographic ☐
Canon UV gel ☒ Narrow Web UV Inkjet ☐
To achieve the best possible print quality, please make sure that the correct media profiles or printer settings are used. Profiles can be obtained from our Distributors or can be downloaded from www.mactac.com.
The media profiles are provided solely as a customer resource. Print environments, the individual nature of printing systems, inks and software can significantly affect output. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine the suitability of any profile for use in their specific print environment.
- Glass Breakage
MACtac accepts no liability for glass breakage due to temperature differences across the glass which can be caused by sunlight on dark areas of the graphic. Size, thickness, quality of cut, edge treatment, tinting and frame design all effect temperature stress.
- The user is responsible for determining the product’s suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
- If there are any questions about applications, please contact your Mactac sales representative to discuss your requirements for recommendations.
- If this is a printed Performance Guide it is an uncontrolled document. Please check the Mactac website for the latest, most up-to-date version.
Always test your combination of WV products, inks and overlaminates prior to commercial use.
- Printing Conditions: Print in a controlled environment at ±73°F (23°C) and 50% RH. The maximum allowable ink saturation is 270%.
- Drying Requirements: Solvent, Eco-solvent and Mild-solvent inkjet prints require 24 - 48 hr. drying time - open to the air. Inks do not dry when printed media is rolled up. The prints must be dry prior to overlaminating.
- Transportation Conditions: To allow for easy transportation, the media can be rolled up, with the image out, with a minimum diameter of 6 inches (15cm). When the image is not protected by an overlaminate, make sure the print is completely dry and protected in a plastic bag. During transportation or storage, avoid exposing them to extreme temperature and humidity changes.
- Installation: Do not use wet application method for installation. This product is designed to be applied without the use of application fluids. Because this material has spaces in the adhesive to let the air out, it must be applied dry. If an application fluid is used, the liquid can become trapped in the spaces in the adhesive. The air-egress technology allows for fast bubble-free applications.
- Remove 1 to 2 inches of the liner from one edge of the graphic.
- Then, carefully positioned the graphic on to the window. Line up all the edges and when it’s exactly where you want it, tack it down with the exposed adhesive.
- Using a squeegee with a soft sleeve or a felt squeegee, work from the center of the graphic out with light, even pressure. CAUTION: using a hard squeegee may result in squeegee marks in the finished graphic.
- You will need to use light pressure due to the nature of an air egress adhesive with a clear film. Practice first, until you understand the touch needed.
- Remove the remaining liner and use the squeegee to apply the remainder of the graphic to the floor with short, overlapping strokes, again from the center out.
- Once the entire graphic is applied, go back and trim all edges off the rubber seal.
- Re-burnish all edges to ensure good contact with the window surface.
- Finally, edge seal to prevent moisture from window washing or heavy storms (if exterior) creeping under the edges and into the air-egress channels.
- Cleaning Window Films:
- Use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.
- Use off the shelf glass cleaner (Windex, Glass Plus, etc.).
- Spray the cleaner onto the cloth, not onto the image.
- Wipe down the image with the wet (do not over saturate) cloth.
- Immediately dry with a clean soft dry cloth.
- If the edges of the image are not sealed, take care not to introduce cleaner to the adhesive as over time edge lifting will occur.
- Values given are typical and are not necessarily for use in specification.
- Adhesive Category: Permanent
- Films: Vinyl (PVC)
- Length: 150'
- Liner Category: 90# Air Egress
- Outdoor Durability: 5 Years
- Print Method: Latex, Solvent and Eco-solvent inkjet; UV and Solvent Screen; UV Offset; Flexographic and UV Flexographic, Solvent Inkjet, Latex, UV, UV Inkjet
- Thickness: 3.2 mil
- Width: 60"