We're sorry, but we no longer offer this item.
Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for personalized recommendations
or check out these similar items that may be a good fit:
Martin Yale 12-Station Electric Collator - 61201
- Assemble 240 sheets per minute at 12 pages per cycle and 20 cycles per minute
- 12 bins hold up to 174 sheets each
- Handles sheet sizes of 81/2" X 11" to 81/2" X 14"
- Accommodates paper weights from 13 lb. to 110 lb.
- Continuous feed or foot pedal control
- Dimensions: 21.75" x 14.625" x 15.375"
- Weight: 54 lbs.
- UPC Code: 0-11991-61200-4
Martin Yale 12-Station Model 6120 Electric Collator Review
The Martin Yale 12-Station electric collator is a lightweight easy to use electric collating machine that provides all of the advantages of high speed professional collating in a compact and attractive shell. It is designed to help collate multi paged reports, bulletins, contracts, newsletters at a speed of up to twenty-one twelve page sets per minute. This make the Martin Yale 12-station electric collator an excellent choice for in plant printers, copy shops, schools, churches or corporate offices. Here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Martin Yale 12 Station Electric Collator.
Strengths / Features:
- The Martin Yale 12-station electric collator is capable of processing up to 21 sets of documents per minute. This means that it can collate one set of documents every three seconds. Or it can be used to produce two sets of six pages every three seconds yielding up to 42 documents per minute.
- The Martin Yale Electric Collator can operate automatically at a speed of 21 cycles per minute. Or if you can’t keep up with the machine in automatic mode, it can be operated in a self paced mode using a convenient foot pedal. This will allow you to collate documents as fast as you can move.
- The 12-station electric collator has a special retraction feature. This means that pages that are not grasped as part of the collating process will conveniently fall back into the collating bins. This helps to ensure that the collated sheets won’t back up causing a huge mess if you have to step away from the machine for a minute or two.
- Each of the twelve bins on the 6120 collator can be loaded with up to 175 sheets of paper. This large capacity is helpful in increasing productivity by reducing the number of times you need to reload the machine in order to finish collating your job.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Although the 6120 collator is electric and automated it still requires an operator to manually grasp the pages as they are extended from the front of the machine. The Martin Yale 6120 simply pushes a portion of each sheet out of the front of the machine. The operator needs to grasp the 12 pages and stack them in a V-tray, on a stack cart or in another location to keep them organized.
- The Martin Yale 12-station collator is designed for use with 13lb – 110lb non coated paper. It is not designed for feeding carbonless papers, high gloss stocks, stapled sets or multi-part forms. The pusher assemblies used by the Martin Yale 6120 are not designed to work with these types of stocks. Attempting to use the machine with these types of papers will most likely result in misfeeds and incomplete sets.
- The Martin Yale 6120 electric collator is ideal for all types of organizations that need to assemble newsletters, reports, bulletins, sales materials and other multi paged documents.
- It is ideal for printers, binderies, mailrooms, and for in plant print shops who need to save time in assembling multi-page documents.
- However, it is important to remember that although the Martin Yale 6120 can offer incredible collating speeds it still requires an operator to remove each set of documents from the machine as it processes them.