Martin Yale 1648 Automatic Letter Opener
928.74 NewCondition OutOfStock
Sorry, but Martin Yale 1648 Automatic Letter Opener is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Martin Yale 1648 Automatic Letter Opener
The Martin Yale 1648 automatic high speed letter opener is designed to open up to 12,000 envelopes per hour. This makes the Martin Yale 1648 automatic letter opener ideal for large businesses and mailrooms. It quickly and easily opens just one side of each envelope and can handle a stack of envelopes as thick as 3" in just minutes. The 1648 automatic letter opener opens stacks of letters in a few minutes rather than hours. This allows you to use your time doing other tasks while your letter opener does the job. Try the Martin Yale 1648 automatic letter opener today and allow it to pay for itself in no time at all.
- Cleanly opens just one side of an envelope
- Automatically feeds and opens a stack of envelopes at high-speed
- Operates at a speed of up to 12,000 envelopes per hour (No. 10)
- Opens envelopes up to 3/8" thick
- Accepts a 5" tall stack of envelopes
- Catch tray stores on back of unit when not in use
- Power indicator light
- Dimensions: 21" x 10" x 11"
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991016482
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Write Your Own Review
Transcript: Welcome to MyBinding video. Let?s take a look at Martin Yale?s 1648 Automatic Electric Letter Opener. We?ll demonstrate with this card stock. Simply load it on to the machine and the belt drives it right through and cuts off a very thin layer at the bottom. Tap your envelope so that everything falls to the top of the envelope and place bottom side toward the wall right through. The bottom is trimmed off and the contents are easily accessible. The strength of this machine is easily seen with lots of letters. Taking this entire stack of mail, we tap it down so that everything falls to the top, t ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let?s take a look at Martin Yale?s 1648 Automatic Electric Letter Opener. We?ll demonstrate with this card stock. Simply load it on to the machine and the belt drives it right through and cuts off a very thin layer at the bottom. Tap your envelope so that everything falls to the top of the envelope and place bottom side toward the wall right through. The bottom is trimmed off and the contents are easily accessible. The strength of this machine is easily seen with lots of letters. Taking this entire stack of mail, we tap it down so that everything falls to the top, the bottom end goes to the back and the entire stack of letters is open in seconds. That is the Martin Yale 1648 Letter Opener. For more demos, reviews and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Martin Yale 1648 Automatic Letter Opener Review
- The Martin Yale 1648 Automatic Letter opener is a high speed letter opening machine that is designed for medium and large mailrooms that deal with high volumes of mail on a daily basis.
- This machine was formerly known as the Martin Yale 1648 chadless automatic letter opener. However, it has recently been changed by Martin Yale and is no longer a chadless machine. The new design for this machine is actually an improvement since the chadless design was was the source of many problems with this machine in the past.
- The Martin Yale 1648 letter opener offers the ability to process large stacks of envelopes in no time at all without the need for user intervention.
- The 1648 automatic letter opener is capable of handling up to 12,000 number ten envelopes per hour. This makes it an ideal choice for a medium to large sized mail room that handles up to five thousand envelopes per day. You can place a five inch stack of envelopes onto the machine and it will automatically feed them, open them and stack them on the other side. You don't even need to fan the envelopes when placing them into the feed tray. It doesn't get much easier than that.
- Smaller letter opener machines such as the Martin Yale 1632 and Martin Yale 1616 are not designed to handle thicker envelopes. However, the 1648 can handle envelopes that are up to 3/8" thick.
- The Martin Yale 1648 can also handle larger sized envelopes. Many other openers can only handle sizes up to a #10 envelope. This machine can open letters that are as large as 4.25" x 9.5" in size. This ability to deal with larger sized letters means that less mail needs to be opened by hand within your organization.
- The Martin Yale 1648 uses completely enclosed blades to help ensure safety.
- The new design of the 1648 letter opener means that it cuts off a small portion of the top of the envelopes in order to open the letters. This method is extremely effective and efficient for letter opening. However, if the items inside your envelopes are too close to the top of the envelopes they can be sliced by the machine. For this reason, it is always wise to pair the Martin Yale 1648 with a paper jogger or envelope jogging machine. The jogger will help to ensure that all of the items inside the envelopes are aligned properly so that they aren't damaged in the opening process.
- The blades and belts in the 1648 are wearable parts and will eventually need to be replaced. Under normal circumstances the 1648 should run for years without the need for any substantial maintenance. However, it is important to note that you will eventually need to replace these parts in order to continue using the machine.
- The Martin Yale 1648 high speed automatic letter opener is ideal for medium and large mailrooms that are looking for speed, safety and performance in their letter opening equipment.
- This machine is offered at an excellent price point for its features and is ideal for companies who are dealing with between one thousand and five thousand letters per day.
- However, in order to obtain the full benefit from this letter opener. It should really be paired with a high quality paper jogger or envelope jogging machine.