Sorry, but Martin Yale 5000 Strip Cut Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Martin Yale 5000 Strip Cut Shredder
- Shreds paper, CDs, credit cards, access entry cards, IDs, and floppy disks
- Handles paper clips and staples too
- On / Off control via light barrier
- Separate safety slot for credit card and CD shredding
- LED controls
- Dustproof waste basket enclosed in a solid wood cabinet
- Easy emptying by pulling out the waste basket
- Stores and moves easily on 4 locking casters
- Shred Size: 5/32" Strips
- Shred Type: Strip-Cut
- Capacity: 25-26 Sheets (approx)
- Throat Size: 10 inches
- Shred Container: 18 Gallon
- Supply Voltage: 120v
- Power Consumption: 0.5hp
- Dimensions: 331/4
Dahle Vantage Comfort-Grip Shears Review
Since their invention of the shredder 60 years ago, Martin Yale has continued to deliver quality office products and the 5000 Strip Cut Shredder is no exception. Designed for heavy duty departmental use, this machine is both powerful and easy to use. Sturdy wooden design offers a quieter shredding experience. Here is a more detailed look at the Martin Yale Strip Cut Shredder.
- Standing just under three feet tall, this powerful shredder is still compact enough to fit in a tight space. Though it weighs 89 pounds, locking casters mounted on the bottom offer smooth mobility around the office.
- A push button turns the device on and off. Use is simplified by an on/off controlled by light barrier during stand-by mode. Inserted paper is detected in the feed by a sensor that starts the blades for you. Forward and reverse functions are controlled by a simple push button. An LED control panel shows operational status with one glance. It lets you know if the machine is in stand-by mode and ready to use, if there is a paper jam, if the motor is overheating and needs a cool down period, if the waste container is full or removed from the cabinet, or if the machine is in reverse mode. This allows you to easily resolve the issue and continue working without having to search for the reason the device is not shredding properly.
- This versatile shredder devours not only paper but also staples, paperclips, credit cards, ID badges, access entry cards, CDs, and floppy disks. A segregated safety slot for credit cards and CDs minimizes potential flying shards. The blades take in as many as 26 sheets at once through the ten inch opening. Narrow strips remain and offer a level 2 security, great for generic items.
- A sturdy wooden cabinet houses the 18 gallon waste container. The bin pulls out for easy disposal of the shreds. The wooden construction acts as a noise reducer by absorbing some of the sound put out by the motor, resulting in a quieter working environment.
- The strips created by this shredder only provide a level 2 security. While this is fine for generic office documents, those needing to shred confidential information may be more interested in the cross cut version of this model.
- A ten inch feed opening can be limiting. Again, for all-purpose shredding needs, this length is just fine. But by simply upgrading to an 11 inch opening, your shredding time for standard documents is reduced by 25%. This machine can take a sizable 26 sheets at once, so width and time spent shredding may not be an issue for you. If it is, Martin Yale does offer models with a wider feed entry.
Despite a few weaknesses, this shredder is an excellent device for general departmental shredding. It is secure and simple to use while conveniently shredding many media types. The Martin Yale 5000 Strip Cut is a great option for your next low security department shredder.